Pages:
Author

Topic: I lost 206000 dollars in MTGOX - page 4. (Read 9273 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
NEED CRYPTO CODER? COIN DEVELOPER? PM US FOR HELP!
February 27, 2014, 04:58:03 AM
People are stilling thinking that gox will come back but the fact is gox gone forever. anyways for the whole media story cover for gox  go here

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-26352442
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Cryptocurrencies Exchange
February 27, 2014, 04:56:48 AM
Well I gues a lot of people lost a lot of money there. I'm more surprised someone is showing off how much money they drowned there. 206k$ is a lot of cash, you had a lot of trust in to them. I hope there aren't as many people as you out there.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
February 27, 2014, 04:48:42 AM
Please let me know why Bitcoin foundation did not give us the warnings. Should we trust Bitcoin foundation? Should we trust the developers of Bitcoin? Should we trust Bitcoin?

FFS get a grip! Karpeles was on the board until he recently resigned. Why the hell are you involved with bitcoin if you can't be bothered to do the most basic research?
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
I want free lunch, i'm gonna go with this guy.
February 27, 2014, 04:48:25 AM
Hardcore reality check for you man...
Makes me feel better about the minor loses i had.
So you did a good thing, somehow....
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
February 27, 2014, 04:44:58 AM

.... I do not trust Bitcoin again. Cry Cry Cry

....I do not trust MTGOX, I do not trust my ability to store BTC safely and ability to listen hundreds of warnings about situation around MTGOX again .Cry Cry Cry

FTFY 

It is not fault of Bitcoin...
Please let me know why Bitcoin foundation did not give us the warnings. Should we trust Bitcoin foundation? Should we trust the developers of Bitcoin? Should we trust Bitcoin?
Activity: 748
February 27, 2014, 04:41:31 AM

.... I do not trust Bitcoin again. Cry Cry Cry

....I do not trust MTGOX, I do not trust my ability to store BTC safely and ability to listen hundreds of warnings about situation around MTGOX again .Cry Cry Cry

FTFY 

It is not fault of Bitcoin...
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1029
February 27, 2014, 04:22:29 AM
I think I am a idiot!!
If you didint withdraw at least half of what you got there after they started shutting down withdrawals, than yes, you are.

After a serials of good news and bad news and the market manipulation in these dark days, my balance is slim to 64000 dollars.  I finally decide to retrieve the money via Bitcoin builder. I bought 320 btc at 200 in MTGOX. MTGOX suddenly shut down when I am withdrawing the bitcoin!

I think all the money are gone. All I want is putting Mark Karpeles to the jail. I do not trust Bitcoin again. Cry Cry Cry

You pretty much deserve what you got, as keeping most of your value on such a bad place that had to be ignored since summer last year is well...not smart.

Natural selection i guess...
Activity: 2
February 27, 2014, 04:21:26 AM
I have 206000 dollars in my MTGOX account before Feb.7. These money are sleeping in MTGOX for years. I trust MTGOX & Bitcoin foundation very much. I thought Satoshi is behind MTGOX. (I think I am a idiot!!)

After a serials of good news and bad news and the market manipulation in these dark days, my balance is slim to 64000 dollars. I finally decide to retrieve the money via Bitcoin builder. I bought 320 btc at 200 in MTGOX. MTGOX suddenly shut down when I am withdrawing the bitcoin!

I think all the money are gone. All I want is putting Mark Karpeles to the jail. I do not trust Bitcoin again. Cry Cry Cry

Your moneys is safe now, karpeles care of your money.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
February 27, 2014, 04:17:40 AM
I don't want to sound jaded, but I am having a hard time believing this story. If you were moving around that kind of weight, you are almost 100% on the cutting edge of any breaking news, and i feel that you would have withdrawn some long ago. Either that, or 200k is play money for you so while it stings, ot doesnt break you. Cant figure out which I believe.

If it is true, i am super sorry Sad
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
February 27, 2014, 03:54:48 AM
What I really want to know is why Karpeles wears a T-shirt when it's snowing. I've never used Gox, because I smelt a rat a long time ago.
Activity: 32
February 27, 2014, 03:39:06 AM
but you only lost 64000 dolars so why 200 000
I do not think these insider tradings are legit. Actually I lost 320 btc at the end. The only reason I buy or sell the btc recently is for saving my money. I admit I am not a good speculator.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin
February 27, 2014, 03:20:34 AM
all peopel who didnt sell thirr mtgox btcs to chinee are idots and deserve their loss

What a retard thing to say! How the hell could new bitcoin investors like me know every past news about gox? I'm one of your "idiots" having some funds at gox because they seemed to me to be the only serious exchange when I joined the train (except I'm far from an idiot but highly educated). I did some research of course but I could only see issues they had with fiat withdrawals. How could I possibly know they would halt bitcoin withdrawals as well? That could easily happen with btc-e or bitstamp as well if they had technical issues they not telling users about.

Don't take people like that guy seriously. We've ALL lost Bitcoins via this heist both beginners and experts. Thanks for joining our community!  Hang in there buddy!
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
February 27, 2014, 03:16:09 AM
but you only lost 64000 dolars so why 200 000
Activity: 212
Merit: 102
February 27, 2014, 03:15:43 AM
all peopel who didnt sell thirr mtgox btcs to chinee are idots and deserve their loss

What a retard thing to say! How the hell could new bitcoin investors like me know every past news about gox? I'm one of your "idiots" having some funds at gox because they seemed to me to be the only serious exchange when I joined the train (except I'm far from an idiot but highly educated). I did some research of course but I could only see issues they had with fiat withdrawals. How could I possibly know they would halt bitcoin withdrawals as well? That could easily happen with btc-e or bitstamp as well if they had technical issues they not telling users about.

Edit:
The research, conducted by Erin Buckels of the University of Manitoba and two colleagues, sought to directly investigate whether people who engage in trolling are characterized by personality traits that fall in the so-called Dark Tetrad: Machiavellianism (willingness to manipulate and deceive others), narcissism (egotism and self-obsession), psychopathy (the lack of remorse and empathy), and sadism (pleasure in the suffering of others).
http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/climate_desk/2014/02/internet_troll_personality_study_machiavellianism_narcissism_psychopathy.html
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
February 27, 2014, 03:05:02 AM
Plot twist. Suddenly MtGox reopens and gives back the Bitcoins to everybody. The euphoria is massive. The price goes up to $1200 again. Mark Karpeles is a hero.

Plot twist, Namecoin goes back above $10 each by Friday.   Cheesy
Activity: 2
February 27, 2014, 03:03:53 AM
I feel sorry for you and people like you that trusted gox. I hope that you will be able to recover what you have lost.
Activity: 47
February 27, 2014, 03:01:04 AM
Plot twist. Suddenly MtGox reopens and gives back the Bitcoins to everybody. The euphoria is massive. The price goes up to $1200 again. Mark Karpeles is a hero.
Activity: 728
February 27, 2014, 02:59:05 AM
I thought Satoshi is behind MTGOX.
What gave you this idea?
donator
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004
felonious vagrancy, personified
February 27, 2014, 02:53:19 AM
Unfortunately a lot of this has to do with user error. 
Chalk it up as a harsh life lesson
Anyways lesson learned,  try to understand though that bitcoin itself is still strong and fine.

A year from now people will be saying this about those who made the mistake of submitting AML/KYC docs.
Activity: 28
February 27, 2014, 02:10:44 AM
Sorry to hear that! That's so sad but that's not the reason not to trust bitcoin community as it was MtGox false you've lost your money and MtGox is just a part of Bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: