Pages:
Author

Topic: I Lost Everything From Mt.Gox's Bankruptcy - page 3. (Read 2523 times)

KWH
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045
In Collateral I Trust.
It is really unfortunate but world was never fair. I lost all my money too and I don't think that people will help you or me. They rather rob us from more, suck already poor people more and more. Nobody cares about others. That is the law of this world - if you are unfortunate, you gonna die alone.

It's up to you to look out for yourself, not anyone else. Decisions have consequences, good or bad. All the warning signs for Gox were they, some chose to ignore them.
Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, learn from mistakes and work harder and smarter.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
It is really unfortunate but world was never fair. I lost all my money too and I don't think that people will help you or me. They rather rob us from more, suck already poor people more and more. Nobody cares about others. That is the law of this world - if you are unfortunate, you gonna die alone.
KWH
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045
In Collateral I Trust.
Yes I do have a house, a wife, and kids. For most of my life I've saved up that money, and then in a few days it was gone

If you sunk your savings in BTC AND Gox......what were you thinking? Well known that Gox was in serious trouble for a long time now.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Yes I do have a house, a wife, and kids. For most of my life I've saved up that money, and then in a few days it was gone
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534

I kept most of my Bitcoins in Mt.Gox,

most?
so you do have bitcoins, you do have a family, a janitors income, you even have a house, internet, and a computer..

you have not lost much then.

im sorry but you just have to bite the bullet and realise, no one is going to give you $400k
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
     To begin this, I'm a 59 year old dad of 4 wonderful children(3 boys 1 daughter). I worked as a Firefighter for more than 20 years, and for he last few, I've been a Janitor in a high school in South Carolina. About a year ago I discovered Bitcoin, after hearing about it on the News one day, and from that moment I became hooked on this radical new thing. Where I can store my money because as many of you here are, I'm worriesome of the price of the Dollar eventually crashing and naturally worried of the U.S Government as well(Though I don't oppose Governments entirely) In December of 2013, I exchanged most of my 401k(My retirement fund) as well as most of my savings, into Bitcoin. That was over $400,000 or around 600 Bitcoin at the time. I believed Bitcoin was the future of all currencies and was set to replace the U.S Dollar following it's inevitable crash. As a IDIOT(I'm punching myself with my left hand as I type)
     I kept most of my Bitcoins in Mt.Gox, hoping to sell them off at a high price and then buy them again at a low price, buy low, sell high. What I didn't know, was that 750,000 Bitcoins were stolen from Mt.Mt. Gox(I'm guessing mine is among those), and even when Mt.Gox halted withdrawals, I remained optimistic that everything would be resolved soon, as Mt.Gox went through previous issues before and everything turned out fine. What I didn't know was that Mt. Gox would go bankrupt, the day I read that the exchange fell was the day I cried like never before. I still haven't told my wife or children, I'm too embarrassed. My retirement is out the window, My life is out the window.

Out of sheer desperation have I posted this, Thank you so much.

My Bitcoin Address: *Removed by moderation team*
"Yes I do have a house, a wife, and kids. For most of my life I've saved up that money, and then in a few days it was gone."
Pages:
Jump to: