Pages:
Author

Topic: I lost my trust wallet! Pay reward! - page 2. (Read 442 times)

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1296
keep walking, Johnnie
June 23, 2022, 03:32:45 PM
Hello, my name is Aécio. I am from Brazil. My cell phone was stolen this week. I need some help. I have Bitcoins stored in my Trust Wallet. The person who stole it couldn't access it, because he didn't have my touch id. But, I had it in addition to the main account, which I left empty so that if someone stole my phone, they would think there was nothing there.

However, I only remember the 12 words of the main account. Of my other wallets, I lost, because along with the cell phone, my laptop was stolen. On my account statement, it has the transactions I made for my accounts. I wonder if we can recover my account through the bitcoin remittance keys. I have 17 bitcoins.

Anyone help me?
I regret what happened to Aécio, but this story is a perfect illustration of how not to do it. I hope this serves as a lesson to current and future readers of this thread.

I see the following mistakes made by the author:
- didn't save seed-phrase backups.
- kept bitcoin on the phone's wallet of the, which he used constantly.
- wallets were on devices that are valuable in themselves and attract thieves (phone and laptop).

I hope you manage to restore access to your wallets as soon as possible, because thieves can do it too, before you.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 382
Hurrah for Karamazov!
June 23, 2022, 10:43:08 AM
My main account is only 0.6 btc. My second account that held the other bitcoins. I tried using FinderOuter, but I can't remember any words. But I have the bitcoin shipping key for the account. Is there nothing I can do about it? I lost my laptop in the robbery, so I lost the words.
That sucks OP  Cry

No, this info isn't enough to recover from your "second" account(as other users have already pointed it out).

Your best bet would be the police or a good private investigator. There's still a chance of finding your stolen goods if you act quickly. The first 48 hours are VERY crucial in such cases. Good luck!
Activity: 910
Merit: 875
Not Your Keys, Not Your Bitcoin
June 23, 2022, 10:38:14 AM
My main account is only 0.6 btc. My second account that held the other bitcoins. I tried using FinderOuter, but I can't remember any words. But I have the bitcoin shipping key for the account. Is there nothing I can do about it? I lost my laptop in the robbery, so I lost the words.

As advised above, if you have backed up the 12 words for the primary account, you should import it on a new device and transfer that balance to a new cold storage wallet ASAP. However, the chance of getting back that second account is slim, don't waste your time with online scammers that may want to help you unless you have wallet.dat which in this case you don't and that also require brute force.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5176
June 23, 2022, 10:32:22 AM
I tried using FinderOuter, but I can't remember any words.
The tool can brute-force your seed phrase if you have missed some words.
Since you don't know any of the words, that's not possible.

Is there nothing I can do about it? I lost my laptop in the robbery, so I lost the words.
No, there is no way to recover the wallet if you don't have the seed phrase.
You can only recover the wallet you have its seed phrase.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
June 23, 2022, 10:25:33 AM
Hurrah for Karamazov!
June 23, 2022, 10:19:10 AM
If I got you correctly, you had two wallets and you only have the seed phrase of the empty wallet. If so, there's nothing you can do.

I think his main account does have a balance. It's an additional wallet that is/was empty.
But, I had it in addition to the main account, which I left empty so that if someone stole my phone, they would think there was nothing there.

And he does have 12 word seed for the main account
However, I only remember the 12 words of the main account.

OP should stick with TrustWallet's guide on how to recover. It's a very friendly guide.
That's all to this situation imo
Activity: 910
Merit: 875
Not Your Keys, Not Your Bitcoin
June 23, 2022, 10:15:28 AM
Hello, my name is Aécio. I am from Brazil. My cell phone was stolen this week. I need some help. I have Bitcoins stored in my Trust Wallet. The person who stole it couldn't access it, because he didn't have my touch id. But, I had it in addition to the main account, which I left empty so that if someone stole my phone, they would think there was nothing there.
However, I only remember the 12 words of the main account. Of my other wallets, I lost, because along with the cell phone, my laptop was stolen. On my account statement, it has the transactions I made for my accounts. I wonder if we can recover my account through the bitcoin remittance keys. I have 17 bitcoins.

Anyone help me?

You have more than one account on trust wallet and but you only backup the recovery words that was empty, what kind of bad security idea did you follow. You have up to 17 bitcoin but you couldn't afford to get a hardware wallet, this is bad news and sad news for you because you cant have access to your bitcoins again except you have the recovery phrase where your bitcoin was received on its address.

This is the message from Trust wallet when generating new recovery words, always take caution serious when you see one on your screen.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5176
June 23, 2022, 10:08:41 AM
If I got you correctly, you had two wallets and you only have the seed phrase of the empty wallet. If so, there's nothing you can do.
For recovering your wallet, you need its seed phrase (a series of 12 words)

On my account statement, it has the transactions I made for my accounts. I wonder if we can recover my account through the bitcoin remittance keys.
Do you mean transaction ID of the deposits you made to your wallet?
No. As said, without the seed phrase, you can do nothing.
Hurrah for Karamazov!
June 23, 2022, 10:06:45 AM
You can follow this guide on your new device to recover your wallet

https://community.trustwallet.com/t/how-to-restore-a-multi-coin-wallet/43

It's an easy 5 step process. And don't respond to private messages, you will be contacted by plenty of scammers after this post. Just follow this above guide on a safe device, and you are good.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
June 23, 2022, 10:02:09 AM

Anyone help me?
Pages:
Jump to: