Pages:
Author

Topic: I Lost Some coins to exchange (and it feels like scam to me) - page 2. (Read 186 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 18
Do it For Better Humanity

The only thing I can assume is:
They have a target of minimum profit/overhead cost that they are required to operate per each user. So in the first place, that is why they set up the minimum deposit requirement. Therefore, speaking about your cases, because of the current situation, your amount is low enough that they might be didn't simply care enough about it since solving the cases would outweigh the cost instead of the benefit (time = money).

Also, maybe they didn't have any automated process to solve these particular cases. Developing it would also require some cost and time to develop it.

Maybe you are right, But i expect a big exchange like Huobi should not have this kind of issue. This exchange is popular and also have thier own blockchain.
This will make me think that thier blockchain might not be safe enough and can even be a centralised shitchain. I was so disappointed by not seeing my remaining 39 matic added because i dont except an exchange like Huobi to hold customer's coins and not add it to thier account.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273
but their support should have helped, this is outrageous.
Well, their support already helped as @OP stated, they might be just not being helpful because this particular case is bound to the agreements that the user agreed, which they can't do anything about it.

Exactly what im trying to say. Why Would they keep my coins?
The only thing I can assume is:

They have a target of minimum profit/overhead cost that they are required to operate per each user. So in the first place, that is why they set up the minimum deposit requirement. Therefore, speaking about your cases, because of the current situation, your amount is low enough that they might be didn't simply care enough about it since solving the cases would outweigh the cost instead of the benefit (time = money).

Also, maybe they didn't have any automated process to solve these particular cases. Developing it would also require some cost and time to develop it.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 693
It is their requirement and discretion to have a minimum deposit and withdrawal. There is nothing we can do with that if they're requiring us with their minimum deposit. There's the recent update that they've made, I think that included that minimum deposit.
https://www.huobi.com/support/en-us/detail/24884454798546
But my next deposit should have been added to the previous deposit.. Even if there is a minimum deposit. Now it means i dashed them my coins.

Cumulative deposits to add up the lower amount of minimum deposit only works on USDT, at least that is what is stated on their page (https://www.huobi.com/support/en-us/detail/360000105782).

~snip the most sensible and logical thing would be to manually add the coins to his account. I mean, they already possess them, why would they keep hold of them like that?
Technically, it also won't be exhaustive and resource extensive to automatically added up the balance, just like what they did to USDT on the link above. Although exchanges did it in a cheeky way, the sole responsibility relies on the user since they agreed to TOS/user agreements.
Since it's on their TOS, not much can be done if they are not willing to. Despite their TOS, it's a completely shady practice to just keep OP's coins like that. Okay, I get it that there's a minimum deposit, so since your deposit is lower than that, they won't be automatically credited to your account, but their support should have helped, this is outrageous.
I do get that they have a minimum requirement and is written in their TOS and yada yada, however, the coins were still deposited to their address, it's probably not that of an uncommon mistake, the most sensible and logical thing would be to manually add the coins to his account. I mean, they already possess them, why would they keep hold of them like that?

Exactly what im trying to say. Why Would they keep my coins? Thats an act of stealing by them.
I wish users can have thier exchange wallets private keys.
From now, whenever i hear huobi, What i will think about is Scam Exchange .
Activity: 1862
Merit: 259
There are also exchanges that have different addresses for BEP 20 and erc 20 which if we are wrong to deposit they don't want to return it, even though they clearly have access to that address.
this is a soft scams they are working on.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273
It is their requirement and discretion to have a minimum deposit and withdrawal. There is nothing we can do with that if they're requiring us with their minimum deposit. There's the recent update that they've made, I think that included that minimum deposit.
But my next deposit should have been added to the previous deposit.. Even if there is a minimum deposit. Now it means i dashed them my coins.

Cumulative deposits to add up the lower amount of minimum deposit only works on USDT, at least that is what is stated on their page (https://www.huobi.com/support/en-us/detail/360000105782).

~snip the most sensible and logical thing would be to manually add the coins to his account. I mean, they already possess them, why would they keep hold of them like that?
Technically, it also won't be exhaustive and resource extensive to automatically added up the balance, just like what they did to USDT on the link above. Although exchanges did it in a cheeky way, the sole responsibility relies on the user since they agreed to TOS/user agreements.
Activity: 2898
Merit: 597
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
OP can still contest that so that the support that has answered him might got it wrong and bring it up to the higher ups that can look and check the backlog of his transaction. Sometimes there's also some problems through these supports that don't look through with the problems that have been brought to them. I hope that it's that issue when the support answered OP, there's nothing really we can do with this unless he's going to take the discussion back to the support.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 693
I do get that they have a minimum requirement and is written in their TOS and yada yada, however, the coins were still deposited to their address, it's probably not that of an uncommon mistake, the most sensible and logical thing would be to manually add the coins to his account. I mean, they already possess them, why would they keep hold of them like that?

Activity: 2898
Merit: 597
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
I have 39 matic token  ( polygon token which worth 50 dollars) on ftx. And I wanted to withdraw as polygon network matic But FTX only supports Erc20. which means i need to withdraw to another exchange which support polygon network matic token.
So, i withdraw them to my huobi account. I never know that huobi minimum deposit is 57 matic because I only noticed that after sending 39 matic to the exchange.
So, i decided to send more tokens (58 matic tokens). I only get 58 tokens deposit notification. And my previous 39 deposit was not added.
I contacted thier support and they said there is nothing they can do about it. Moreover, this exchange is not a DEX. Now i know why people call exchanges thieves.
Can anyone tell me why this minimum deposit is necessary in exchanges that are centralized?. Because i feel like its like an act to scam their customers.
Pages:
Jump to: