Pages:
Author

Topic: I made apage for beginners asking how to buy bitcoin. Could I get your feedback? - page 2. (Read 1182 times)

legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
The website has all the information that's required. However, it would be better if you have four tabs/categories mentioned on the home page (credit card, paypal, cash, bank transfer) and redirect users to the individual pages instead of having all the information mentioned on the Home page. You can also mention which countries are accepted by these exchanges as Coinbase is restricted only to US users and you've mentioned this information for Bitpanda.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Thanks for the advice, feedback, and recommendations. I do agree that there are alternatives out there that are not so clearly structured with too many links. I do hope it's picked up by search engines. For now I'm spreading the word by sharing with people around me that actually need the assistance to know how to buy btc with a card or using a transfer. And yes - great idea about adding the PayPal chargebacks information. I'll stick that into the guide. 
Activity: 798
Merit: 506
Thank satoshi
It's good.  Much better than some sites full of referral links I've seen people posted.
The url is pretty good too.  I'm sure lots of people will land there with search engines given time.

You could probably add a warning about chargebacks when trading bitcoins using paypal between users.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Since I often get colleagues at work asking me how to buy bitcoin, I decided to elaborate a reference page with instructions for each payment method, including several trusted sites.

Here's the page:

http://howtobuybitcoin.io/

My aim was to:
  • Provide guides for the simplest payment methods, being: credit/debit card, SEPA transfer, PayPal, wire transfer, cash payments
  • Keep presentation simple, so as to help new users feel at ease when searching for how to get btc online
  • Recommend exchanges/services having received a good acceptance within the overall bitcoin community
  • Give priority to interesting related information (such as recommending looking into the price history of btc), with extra tips for users. 
  • Include both high-volume bitcoin exchange sites and their smaller (generally more user-friendly) counterparts.

Could I get your feedback and your overall impression? Should I be adding any important information for newbie bitcoin users looking to buy easily? At this I point have received some reviews from friends and colleagues concerning my page, and I would be very interested to hear all available advice from the perspective of experienced users and newcomers in the bitcoin space.

Thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: