Pages:
Author

Topic: I may have been dosed with malware - page 2. (Read 1134 times)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
August 12, 2017, 09:23:28 AM
Antivirus programs are often called malware by mining programs. For this reason, it is unlikely to be a measure against it, but many mining programs are extremely harmless. If you feel unsafe, you can reinstall your system.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
August 12, 2017, 09:14:01 AM
AV doesen't always detect new malware. If you suspect you're machine was compromised with malware, the only way to be sure it's cleaned from your system is to do a format of drive the and reinstall of the OS from a known good source.
legendary
Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038
Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar
August 12, 2017, 09:11:35 AM
Well since you don't know what kind of virus it is and antivirus is not finding anything there is no way to know for sure. What antivirus did you use ? If you want to be 100% sure reinstall system.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
August 12, 2017, 08:41:14 AM
hello,
I was careless the other day and I downloaded a miner of a link that I thought was trustworthy, the miner worked fine but as soon as i noticed my mistake i deleted it and ran full scans of my computer including boot time scans.
I have not noticed anything happening yet and have found no viruses on my scans but is there a way I can find out if i got infected?
And if so is there a way i can get rid of said infection?
FYI, I clicked a link on a CryptoNoob youtube vid that was re-posted under a different user. What a tool I am!

Cheers
Pages:
Jump to: