Pages:
Author

Topic: I need help restore my wallet.dat - page 2. (Read 498 times)

legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1708
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
August 07, 2019, 07:04:02 PM
...Is my bitcoin still gonna be there?... I haven't sync the blockchain...I'm really worried if my bitcoin is all gone...

Bitcoins are still there don't worry. Seems like there is no other way for you as to wait for the new wallet to synchronize fully. Then you will be able to see the actual amount and to send BTC.
If you have your BTC address (in the Core wallet navigate to: transactions - receiving address) you can easily check the balance using and explorer like https://www.blockchain.com/explorer.

I had a similar situation some time ago when I found an old BTC Core dat.wallet file. I was able to send BTC without syncing fully.
I was afraid that I will lose my BTC because I haven't checked it and sent my BTC before the wallet was fully synced. Luckily the transaction was accepted and transferred with no problems.

I would advise you to search for tutorials on how to sync the Bitcoin Core wallet with bootstrap.dat files. If this is possible then you will sync a lot faster and maybe don't need so much space.
If I find something useful I will post links here later on.

UPDATE
I just found this very nice tutorial with screens:
https://support.bitpay.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002990903-How-can-I-recover-funds-from-a-Bitcoin-Core-wallet-dat-file-without-having-the-entire-blockchain-downloaded-

You don't need to sync the Bitcoin Core wallet at all. Just follow the tutorial and you should recover your BTC quite fast. I hope this will help you further.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
August 07, 2019, 06:49:47 PM
I need help, I have 0.19 bitcoin in my bitcoin core wallet stored over a year ago. I just reopened bitcoin core today after a year or so, after syncing the blockchain for a while it closed with an error code. and the error code won't go away and I can't open my bitcoin core. So I deleted the whole thing with all the data. Last year I copy and pasted my wallet.dat file to somewhere safe. I still have the old wallet.dat file without the name changed or anything it's only like a little over 150kb which is weird. I have installed a new version of bitcoin core. I copied the wallet.dat file (that has bitcoin on it) I have to the newly installed bitcoin core. Is my bitcoin still gonna be there? I wouldn't know since I haven't sync the blockchain, it takes 250 gb to sync it and I don't have the space so I'm buying a usb hard drive first but I'm really worried if my bitcoin is all gone.

Pages:
Jump to: