Pages:
Author

Topic: I need Help unlocking Multibit Classic wallet - password bug - page 2. (Read 1596 times)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
OK great.

I ran that in terminal and I asked for the password. When I typed nothing showed up it just showed a key symbol. I tried 3 times and got this:

simons-MacBook-Air:~ simonhunt$ sudo pip install protobuf pylibscrypt bitcoin
Password:
Sorry, try again.
Password:
Sorry, try again.
Password:
sudo: 3 incorrect password attempts

HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
Did you install the required libraries? refer: https://github.com/HardCorePawn/multibit_recovery#installation

you need to install "Google Protobuf" and "pylibscrypt for Python" and "bitcoin"...

Type this in the Terminal: sudo pip install protobuf pylibscrypt bitcoin
Hi thank you for the reply, sorry for the double post.

I uninstalled the python 3.5 and check the version on terminal was 2.7.9.
I still get this error message when using the decrypt_multibit_classic_keys.py on my .key backups.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/simonhunt/Downloads/multibit_recovery-master/decrypt_multibit_classic_keys.py", line 43, in
    import wallet_pb2
  File "/Users/simonhunt/Downloads/multibit_recovery-master/wallet_pb2.py", line 6, in
    from google.protobuf import descriptor as _descriptor
ImportError: No module named google.protobuf

When I run the decrypt_multibit_classic_walletkeys.py on the .wallet files I get this error message:

File "/Users/simonhunt/Downloads/multibit_recovery-master/decrypt_multibit_classic_walletkeys.py", line 47, in
    import wallet_pb2, binascii, bitcoin
  File "/Users/simonhunt/Downloads/multibit_recovery-master/wallet_pb2.py", line 6, in
ImportError: No module named google.protobuf

Am I still using python wrong?
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
https://github.com/HardCorePawn/multibit_recovery

I am using python 3.5.4 on a Mac and when I run it I get this:

I really want to get my BTC out asap and get rid of Multibit. Can any one tell me how to fix this?
That is your problem right there... the python bitcoin libraries and the script itself are NOT compatible with Python 3... you need to use Python 2.7.x... and from memory it needs to be Python 2.7.9+...

Install Python 2.7, install the required libraries again (making sure you're installing to Python 2!), and you should be able to get the script to run Smiley

NOTE: it is also possible, that your wallet file is totally corrupted, so your "100% correct password", won't help you. I've tried assisting other users in the past who had files that wouldn't decrypt properly due to the files being corrupted by MultiBit itself Sad

ps. Try not to cross-post in the future... it'll make things very confusing and you'll get answers all over the place. Try and keep it in one thread! Wink
I have a Multibit Classic wallet from 2013. It is password protected and I 100% know the password. When I try to export my private keys I get an incorrect password error.

I have the .wallet files and the key-backup folder with multibitTIMESTAMP.key files. All I want to do is decrypt the keys so I can see my private keys and import them into a functioning wallet like Keepkey.

I have read the other posts, taught myself how to use python and tried using the python script:

decrypt_multibit_classic_keys.py

found here.

https://github.com/HardCorePawn/multibit_recovery

I am using python 3.5.4 on a Mac and when I run it I get this:

File "/Users/simonhunt/Downloads/multibit_recovery-master/decrypt_multibit_classic_keys.py", line 43, in
    import wallet_pb2
ImportError: No module named 'google'

I really want to get my BTC out asap and get rid of Multibit. Can any one tell me how to fix this?
Pages:
Jump to: