Pages:
Author

Topic: I Ordered this to be my dedicated android cold storage wallet - page 2. (Read 2149 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Hmmm, I see your point. I really doubt it will come with some sophisticated screenshot QR code scanner trojan .. just to make sure I will scourage through the phone pretty well. I will also leave it on for a week just to see how it acts or if any suspicious I see.

And if it breaks this does not matter.. As the Key is not stored n this phone. It will be used only to broadcast transactions from my cold storage.

Cheers for the input
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
The rest of your plan sounds pretty intense and legit. But yeah, I'm with Abercrombie - I wouldn't trust the cheap phone. Even if it's a question of how do you know if it breaks or what to do when it does break? And if it has spyware or virus' on it. Get something trusted.

I have a Casascius Bar in a bank vault, that I send my cold storage to. I just keep loading it up. For my spendable bitcoin I use a cold storage paper wallet that I hide in plane sight - sometimes that's the best place to hide something, especially if it's a piece of paper. Then I use Mycellium to spend from that paper wallet and I only unfold the paper wallet where I'm sure no cameras or drones are snooping around. I don't have BTC on my computer, and very little on my phone.
Activity: 644
Merit: 260
Personally I prefer the old but good ubuntu live cd cold storage with wallets stored on several usb drives, it's safe and fast.
legendary
Activity: 1159
Merit: 1001
Personally, I wouldn't trust no-name brand electronics.  I have this Hisense tablet, it can be used as your "cold wallet" and it also works as an offline Google 2FA device.  

Walmart used to sell this tablet and Hisense is a big brand in China.
What do you think about the phone and idea? The price is only USD $43.87

That price is with the 10% off which they give u if you make an account which took me 5 seconds.
http://www.everbuying.com/product567122.html

It uses Android 4.4 which is pretty good, and its VERY cheap . It will be NON-rooted - I wont put a simcard in it.. and most of the time in Airplane mode. Unless i need to take some funds out of my cold storage. I will take it online ONLY to broadcast the transaction and then back offline once again.

I will have the stock apps that come with the phone + Avast Security & Virus + Mycellium  << These are the only 2 apps I will install . ( I know the avast security is more just a placebo app lol, the way I will be using this phone wont even have a chance to get a virus)

I think this is much neater and more comfortable than a laptop. Bear in mind I will not keep Private keys on this phone. When ever I want to spend some out of my cold storage, I will open my SAFE take out my phone + a Metal Key <
Pages:
Jump to: