Pages:
Author

Topic: I received 0.00318 USDT on Binance - page 2. (Read 368 times)

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1860
August 17, 2020, 11:05:04 PM
It is most probably neither of the two reasons you've cited.

1. I can't find any reason why someone would send that too insignificant an amount to anybody. So it is probably not a mistaken transaction.
2. As you've said, there is also no reason why a reward should be sent to your account because (1) you've got no balance and (2) you are not participating in whatever program.

Could this be a case, therefore, of a dusting attack?
copper member
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305
Limited in number. Limitless in potential.
August 17, 2020, 10:43:52 PM
With that notification, probably, it was mistakenly sent to your deposit address. Because if it was related to rewards or stake and etc. it will be labeled as it is.
You won't receive a deposit notification from staked rewards, contest, launchpad, and etc.

The main question is how they get your address since you say you never used that before.

Have you check if the email came from [email protected]? If not, then probably it is a phishing attempt.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 322
August 17, 2020, 09:30:50 PM
This morning is really a surprising one. I just have got a notification on my email that I have deposited 0.00318 USDT in my Binance account. After some research, I got two possible reasons-
1. Someone mistakenly sent (Not possible because I never have used USDT on Binance, at least for deposit. I am sure that I have never checked that address ever.
2. Any staking or holding rewards. But how can this be true when I have nothing left in my exchange account? Moreover, I never had participated any exchange's staking program.

What possible reason can be this? If the amount was bigger, I would say someone mistakenly sent. But now, I can't find any reason of this.

Pages:
Jump to: