Pages:
Author

Topic: I saw a few bitcoin auctions on ebay 1 btc for like 50$ - page 2. (Read 1564 times)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
If I can get coins direct from miners at 100/150 that's a small profit margin of around $80/100.
So if you decide to become a trader on faxful or other exchange, seems an interesting way to return a profit?

OP. Do you avoid to link to the ebay auction, because you want these cheap Bitcoins for yourself???
No I avoided the link because it looks to good to be true, wanted to hear what other bitcoiners thought.
If I knew it was legit I'd probably have bought several, and have a future source for my trading services.
The seller knows I contacted them twice, ebay's automated email notifications, no one has replied.
AGD
legendary
Activity: 2070
Merit: 1164
Keeper of the Private Key
OP. Do you avoid to link to the ebay auction, because you want these cheap Bitcoins for yourself???
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
don't think of buying it brother. It is a scam and stay away from. You also know that no one can sell bitcoins that much low.

They could in theory if they'd mined them many years ago, but there's no shortage of places where you can get full price for them so it's scamville indeed.
It's amazing that someone could set up a real network of mining equipment based on a virtual currency.
I was just searching there and found BlockTrail - Mint, buy direct from the miners.
legendary
Welt Am Draht
What do you mean by "That's for miners with massive economies of scale and tiny electricity bills. "
I doubt I could afford to have mining equipment running but it's very interesting.

Miners these days build giant warehouses filled with hundreds to thousands of miners specifically in places with the cheapest electricity costs. No home miner can compete with that.
What do you mean by "That's for miners with massive economies of scale and tiny electricity bills. "
I doubt I could afford to have mining equipment running but it's very interesting.
legendary
Welt Am Draht

I wish I did have a source/miner willing to part with their coins for that cheap, could learn to trader on faxful or something cool.

The few miners who have admitted a cost price have put it between $100-150. That's for miners with massive economies of scale and tiny electricity bills. This Ebay listing is full of shit by the sounds of it.
He's the only listing on there right now, hasn't answered my first contact yet,
.1 Bitcoin for deposit to the wallet of your choice. US $60.00 Approximately EUR 53.21 + $5 postage.
Sent him another msg about the current btc value, prob won't get a reply to that either, glad I'm not thick.
I wish I did have a source/miner willing to part with their coins that cheap, could learn to trade on faxful or something.

Not likely
legendary
Activity: 2008
Merit: 1028
Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!
It's possible you are buying $40 worth of BTC on a paper wallet.
legendary
Welt Am Draht
I'll bet you'd be bidding for an empty paper wallet for you to put your own one bitcoin on. Hey, printing is expensive. There's never a shortage of dodginess on there.
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
Yes don't try to be fooled by the scammer. First think yourself, did you see 1 bitcoin for 40$ if you have 1 bitcoin now? Answer is no, so just be away from that type of scammers.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
are you sure that you have saw it was selling for 36usd only because it you did then it must be a scammer ...because nobody in the world is not that much stupid who will ell 1bitcoin only for 36usd when its real price is 230usd. and btw paxful.com does not have cheaper price it is costly
Just had a quick look on my local ebay last night after watching some video about bitcoins in general.
So I found a couple of guys exchanging a paper wallet for 1 bitcoin that they have mined, for like 36$
One auction in particular seems to have had a few sales already.

Right now I can see one listed for 53$ + 5$ postage, paper wallet.
That's still about 175$ profit if I'm working this out right? if I sell it.
1 Bitcoin for deposit to the wallet of your choice.

I must be missing something, because the last time I checked, 1 BTC is currently worth around 235 USD.

So what are they really selling me, will I get 1 BTC worth the current value around 235$

If this is in fact true, couldn't I jump straight into something like paxful.com as a trader.
As this would be a great source for cheap bitcoins... if this is what they are trying to sell on ebay.
Like if you're buying a btc on ebay for35 bucks, there's a 200 profit margin, I must be misreading.

Just makes me curious.
Pages:
Jump to: