Pages:
Author

Topic: I send BTC to offline wallet - page 2. (Read 634 times)

HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
June 07, 2020, 04:50:41 AM
I just noticed TWO things:

1. It looks like you might be running an "old" version of Armory...
2. Your Armory has only scanned 390000 blocks... the current blockheight is 633000+... you're missing nearly half the blockchain! Shocked

Can you please confirm you are running 0.96.5 from here: https://btcarmory.com/0.96.5-release/
and what version of Bitcoin Core are you running? And is it fully synced?

If you are using 0.96.5 and at least Bitcoin 0.19+ and you're still not seeing your transactions etc... you will need to post your Armory log files

Copy/paste the contents of your armorylog.txt and dbLog.txt files to: https://pastebin.com/  and click the "create new paste" button... then post the unique URLs generated here.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
June 07, 2020, 04:31:18 AM
https://imgur.com/a/1PIbL8w

ok. Is now everything set correctly? I can't see these bitcoins now too.

There was hint when I 1st opened that I have to go online and then do 1st transaction, I didin't do that, do you think I lost my BTC?
legendary
Activity: 2394
Merit: 5531
Self-proclaimed Genius
June 07, 2020, 02:25:28 AM
I want to see these bitcoins on the wallet.

You'll only be able to 'see' that transaction once Armory synced Bitcoin Core and it will requires a lot of bandwidth, disk space (about 300GB) and Bitcoin Core software.
If you got the resources and willing to use it for a secure Bitcoin wallet, then proceed on fixing the "offline" problem.

Quote from: lichandro
Is everything set correctly?
Users will only guess unless you provide the last few lines of armorylog.txt in Armory's data directory.
My guess is you haven't installed Bitcoin Core; Armory won't turn "online" alone.

If you do not want to use Armory, you can send it to another Client like Electrum by doing the previous "watch-only" suggestion,
minus the "watch-only Armory wallet" because it will also require you an online Armory.
Try to use coinb.in (may be incompatible) to create the unsigned Raw transaction by simply loading the legacy address in the "New->Transaction page"
and provide the output: destination address and amount (note: the excess will be used as transaction fee),
sign it using your offline Armory using "Offline Transactions" and broadcast the Signed Raw transaction online (broadcast link).

You can also export the address' private key and sweep it to other clients/wallets just like this user did: /index.php?topic=5233141.0
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
June 07, 2020, 12:42:33 AM
"Node Offline" means your Armory wallet is not able to connect to the RPC server of your Bitcoin Core node.

Are you running Bitcoin Core with the:
Code:
server=1
option in your bitcoin.conf file?

If you're not, then Armory will not be able to connect to Bitcoin Core to get new block data (until you restart Armory and it is able to rescan the database files directly... and you won't be able to send transactions, as Armory achieves this using Bitcoin Core RPC calls.
June 06, 2020, 06:46:06 PM

If not, what exactly do you want to achieve ?

I want to see these bitcoins on the wallet. Is everything set correctly?
https://imgur.com/a/l30MjfT
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481
June 06, 2020, 10:42:28 AM
You can not "recover" your coins in terms of undo the transaction.
The transaction is already confirmed and the funds now belong to the address you sent them to.

You don't need to be online to receive BTC and you don't need to be online to send BTC.
You just need an internet connection to broadcast a transaction.

If you want to spend/access your coins, do this:
2. Create a watch-only wallet in an online computer, make an unsigned transaction in your online computer. Sign it in your offline computer and broadcast it using your online computer.  

If not, what exactly do you want to achieve ?
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5213
June 06, 2020, 10:22:07 AM
You need to be online when you want to spend your coins. Your Armory wallet doesn't need to be online for receiving coins.

I have wallet with this payment request:
1BUcEuRzycUjzpVAW1y7A25AnxCA5N9hTX
Is this your Armory address?
If yes and you have access to your wallet, your coins are safe. Don't worry.

For spending coins, you have two options. (The second one is more secure)
1. Make your Armory wallet online and spend your coins.
2. Create a watch-only wallet in an online computer, make an unsigned transaction in your online computer. Sign it in your offline computer and broadcast it using your online computer.  
For detailed instruction, visit this link.

If you don't want to spend your coins, no need to do anything. Just keep your wallet backup very very secure.
June 06, 2020, 09:24:43 AM
Hi,
I've send my BTC to my armory wallet, I have read that I can't send until I go online one time, I didin't go online.... but I sent them.

Is there any possibility to recover these bitcoins?

I have wallet with this payment request:
1BUcEuRzycUjzpVAW1y7A25AnxCA5N9hTX

https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/1BUcEuRzycUjzpVAW1y7A25AnxCA5N9hTX
Pages:
Jump to: