Pages:
Author

Topic: I sent bitcoins and found that transaction is too large - what to do ? - page 2. (Read 6919 times)

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046
ouch electrum has transaction fees.... im using electrum too... i didnt know that transaction have fees. than like bitcoin core....
Activity: 560
Merit: 509
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
Nobody can undo a transaction.
Wrong. I can.

Bitcoin transactions are irreversible. What you are saying is different than reversing it but I can't understand it. Can you elaborate?

P.S. I forgot to tell that a miner controlling more than 51% hashrate can double-spend Bitcoins or reverse an unconfirmed transaction by only accepting the transaction he wants to be confirmed. CMIIW.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1005
--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77
I have sent transaction which has 340 inputs with 0.0001 btc fee.. I discovered that after sending from my Electrum wallet.
Now blocktrail.com shows that tx has not enough fee, and transaction is in pending two days.
Will my transaction come back if it will not be propagated ?

Electrum do not "forget" a sent transaction. The transaction will remain in your wallet. I believe you have to wait for the transaction to disappear from mempool. This could take a few days, verify on a few blockexplorer sites.

Meanwhile, you need to backup your wallet. Then restore your wallet from seed. This way, the unconfirmed transaction will be gone from your wallet. Once you made sure the transaction is removed from mempool (not found on multiple blockexplorer sites), you can create a new transaction with the correct fee.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1019
Activity: 560
Merit: 509
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
Yes that are the kind of problems you need to face if you try to escape fees.
yes you have to give something to the developer back...lol
That applies only on multibit, electrum is totally free as far as I know.
Am I right???  Huh Huh Huh
Or....
Did you mean you have to pay something to the miner??

He is just spamming! Nobody can undo a transaction. You can either double-spend a transaction with higher fees or hope miners will include your transaction.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
In math we trust.
That applies only on multibit, electrum is totally free as far as I know.
Am I right???  Huh Huh Huh
Or....
Did you mean you have to pay something to the miner??
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
Decentralized Asset Management Platform
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 4418
Crypto Swap Exchange
I have sent transaction which has 340 inputs with 0.0001 btc fee.. I discovered that after sending from my Electrum wallet.
Now blocktrail.com shows that tx has not enough fee, and transaction is in pending two days.

What is the next scenario ?

By default, reference clients relay transactions if they have a fee of 0.00001BTC/kb. If you don't it would not be propagated well. Depending on the client behavior, it can rebroadcast the transaction after it has been dropped or simply stop rebroadcasting and you would be able to spend it again.
staff
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6793
Just writing some code
You can attempt to do a CPFP transaction if there was an output that went to your wallet. Or you can shutdown electrum and wait for the transaction to be "forgotten" by the network in which case you can send it again but with a higher fee.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

it should just be a matter of time .. i think.. , even with no fees, transaction finished to be propaged... sometime days ago.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Pages:
Jump to: