Pages:
Author

Topic: I sometimes wonder whether Bitcoin has established a religion. - page 4. (Read 562 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 13
 I will not totally disagree with your claim but I will say that satoshi as the creator or let me say inventor can be likened to god in this context but as a religion, I will totally disagree. If you say bitcoin is a religion then there are millions of things that should be a religion like gold, stocks, lands, and properties because we have numerous people who believe and invested in it.
Activity: 2184
Merit: 585
You own the pen
You need to define which definition of religion are you talking about since there's a huge difference between the two. How in the world it became religion when we are only talking about mere transactions. I guess others have gone too far defining the situation of the market right now. everyone should know the definition of which things they are talking about before comparing it to the other things. If you skipped that basic process, then you are not confusing yourself, you are confusing the others as well.
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 2145
Religion is a belief in supernatural. Bitcoin is nothing like that. Just because there are people devote to Bitcoin doesn't mean that Bitcoin is a religion. And as far as movements go, Bitcoin community isn't exactly monolithic, there are people of all sorts of political or ethical beliefs here. You don't even have to hate the government or fiat currency or banks to be a bitcoiner.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 293
So.. you're pretty much saying that just because Bitcoiners "believe" in something, that it's a religion? With that argument then even Austrian economists also have their own religion with Mises as their god. Sounds quite stupid, right?
It is stupid plus it makes the community put in a bad light since we look like we are a crazed fanatics who will do anyhing for bitcoin which isn't true. Also, the definition of religion is that it is a belief and worship of an omnipotent being which doesn't exist in bitcoin.
Activity: 2968
Merit: 913
I sometimes wonder whether Bitcoin has established a religion.
Those of us who are fixed holders of Bitcoin are believers of Bitcoin.
Those who try to eliminate or replace Bitcoin are heretics or atheists. What is happening now I want to call it a religious war
In this way, Satoshi , the creator of Bitcoin, can be called a god. He changed the order of the world and brought revolution.

Bitcoin maximalists can get a little bit fanatical sometimes. Grin
I don't mind Bitcoin having it's critics,but I hate the pointless FUD,that has a hidden agenda behind it.
I don't think that anyone is trying to "eliminate or replace" Bitcoin.Maybe Roger Ver and Craig Wright were trying to replace Bitcoin Core with their own version of Bitcoin,but that's another case.
Most of the Bitcoin HODLers simply know,that Bitcoin is a scarce asset that has an increasing demand,which means that Bitcoin can only get more valuable in the future.This isn't a religion.This is just facts and logic.

Activity: 2352
Merit: 593
So with this logic, we say that investing in cryptocurrencies is a religion because they are speculative currencies. We invest in different cryptos because we believe in their project and will bring us good fortune in the future. People that still rejects the concept of crypto are atheists (LOL).

It's bad to see bitcoin as a religion, no one worships it like they put their future on it. Bitcoin is just an investment and also currency that has a lot of potential in the future to change our world in terms of blockchain technology.

The only religion I can think of that is related to crypto is Dogecoin army, many people invested in it without really knowing the background. They are just being influenced by Elon and believes him on what he says on his social media.
Activity: 2506
Merit: 628
I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.
Errr I'm pretty sure our belief in Bitcoin is different from the belief believes have with their religion. Sides, we aren't braindead, arguments are done with logic and facts that can be pretty much looked up almost everywhere and has a basis, one that well, compared with the basis of religion, is quite different.

Heretics? Atheists? I'd think idiots would probably be the better term (if you're an avid Bitcoin fan anw). And Satoshi ain't a god, Bitcoiners simply thank Satoshi, and that's probably it. It wouldn't go anywhere near embellishing him as a god or diefying him, it's just pure hearted thankfulness imo.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 574
Those who try to eliminate or replace Bitcoin are heretics or atheists. What is happening now I want to call it a religious war
In this way, Satoshi , the creator of Bitcoin, can be called a god. He changed the order of the world and brought revolution.

Not the first time that I've heard it here:

Personally, I don't consider bitcoin as a sort of 'religion'. Everyone is just a trader or speculator here, and we shouldn't consider Satoshi as God. He just gifted us with something that we can make money, simply as that.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
Paldo.io 🤖
So.. you're pretty much saying that just because Bitcoiners "believe" in something, that it's a religion? With that argument then even Austrian economists also have their own religion with Mises as their god. Sounds quite stupid, right?
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1093
A religion for the sheep maybe. First of all whoever has money as his/her own god will not end very well. So I disagree. BTC is just wealth but we shouldn't become BTC slaves. Keep your head on your shoulders.

Some dumbs are already considering Musk as their god, Musk is just a mortal like all of us so nothing to praise here.
Activity: 868
Merit: 150
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Not everything has to be a religion, just because we believed in bitcoin doesn't mean that it is a religion, also if I am being honest, believing in bitcoin is much better than religion because we sort of see what we are having our faith in.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!

I disagree.
Unlike religion, bitcoiners base their "beliefs" on logic and math, not just because this or that guys say so. Imho it's a huge difference.
Activity: 40
Merit: 1
Pages:
Jump to: