Pages:
Author

Topic: I think a bull run is near, we all hype it but observe this. - page 3. (Read 436 times)

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
So every time we dip I monitor volume, see how many are selling vs those buying, one thing I've noticed is with each dip the sell volume decreases in comparison to the last, I view this as the amount of weak hands in the market reducing with each dip.

this doesn't make any sense to me!
first of all exchanges don't report volume separately for sells and buys so that you can "monitor" that. there is only one variable called "volume" and do you know why that is? it is because for every sell there is a buy. this is a market not a shop you  go to to sell and buy from the owner. you sell and buy from others. so you can't say there are more/less sellers than buyers.

this "volume" is lower because the drop has slowed down drastically. whenever market movements are slower the volume is also lower. this only proves that investors are not sure what to do. they are all waiting for the next move to decide what they are going to do.
if there is another drop then they will sell and if there is a rise then they will FOMO buy. in any case volume will pick up as soon as there is a movement bigger than 10%
Activity: 266
Merit: 60
So every time we get a down period people hype up a bull run coming next month in order to restore faith, I'm not trying to do that at all here I'm just pointing out an observation I've seen in each dip.

So every time we dip I monitor volume, see how many are selling vs those buying, one thing I've noticed is with each dip the sell volume decreases in comparison to the last, I view this as the amount of weak hands in the market reducing with each dip.

This current dip is interesting compared to those prior, this one stands out in terms of volume more than we've seen all year, we've had BTC hit an almost 10 month low in volume going from 6 billion at 6500 down to 3 billion while still holding a price at 6500, the same pattern has been seen with altcoins hitting seriously low volume levels compared to every other dip and the prices bottoming out from a lack of "I'm selling" rather than buy support.

This is looking more like a period where we are nearly out of weak hands and the lack of people selling low is holding things up rather than buy support doing it which we've seen in every other dip.

To me this is a very good sign in terms of things turning bullish, when you hear about the multiple market cycles involved in a bear cycle, for example the picture put up recently explaining how 7 down cycles seems to be the number before markets turn, it's not voodoo or a magical number but rather the average it takes to flush out all of the weak hands.

If you observe now it appears the weak hands are pretty well done, once the buy volume recovers we should have very good hopes of a bull run.

What do others think of this observation?
Pages:
Jump to: