Pages:
Author

Topic: I think I'm actually going to boycott mainstream televised news - page 4. (Read 5649 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
I don't have a TV since 3 Years. And haven't missed it one second.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
The first is by definition not flawed.
haven't had a television in 8 years
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
I should have done it back then, it's fucking disgusting seriously.
vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
I'm boycotting TV since 2002  Grin

For your information, most written articles are relaying same news than the mainstream media.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
If that's the right term for it anyway, I've just switched it off, I'm done, I never thought I could find something that could seriously upset me enough that I would just switch it all off and just listen to music or silence for awhile. While Newtown was a terrible tragedy, it wasn't the killing that did it for me even though that was bad, it was the way a bunch of absolute opportunistic cunts immediately descended on the whole situation. Using it as an excuse to call for whatever bullshit legislation they could come up with, the mainstream television also paraded it around like crazy even more than usual and I think that's when I finally snapped on it, there was a fucking massacre of children and all every one of them did was. Well I'm still searching for the word for it because it was just so disgusting.

So in short:

. I'm sick of politicians appearing after every disaster promising everything will be okay and only acting civil to their fellow human beings in those situations

. I'm tired of the vulture lobby groups who use every single horror story to push their agenda rather than find the real cause like a doctor/scientist would and fix the problems

. I'm fed up with the mainstream news on television taking advantage of all of these situations and parading it around when there are other issues they can talk about or report on, why is it that they can find information on murders in very local areas and never report on anything else?

So yeah, I'm going to ditch mainstream news in favour of written articles because then I don't have to listen to the news reporters being loud, obnoxious and insensitive about everything horrible in the world, something interesting has happened as well, I actually feel a hell of a lot calmer and more relaxed now, maybe you guys should try it and see what happens? Bet you'll feel a lot better about what's going on in the world, I think the only thing I'm going to do now is take to what Jon Stewart does and just laugh at the media for the way they do all this, he has the right idea.
Pages:
Jump to: