Pages:
Author

Topic: I think the Bitcoin difficulty will go down around October 10, 2014 - page 2. (Read 2979 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
I think it's better for them to just stop insta-dumping the new minted coins and wait for the price to recover.
Instead of shutting down their miners that is.

I guess they have some cash left to pay for the power for lets say the next month...  Tongue
Activity: 1276
Merit: 622
I give it a 50/50 to go down/up. But if there is an increase it will very likely be a small single digit increase...

Similar to what happened on June 29th. Diff went up almost 25% and on the first few days it looked like it will drop. And on July 12th it went up 3%...

It's very likely that some old hardware was disconnected. But new hardware will probably compensate for that in the next week or so...

Activity: 63
Merit: 10
I suspect the profitabilty threshhold for the fab farms is closer to 200USD. They are still banking big and won't even blink building out huge new capacity for at least a couple more months.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
We're way to early in this difficulty period to surmise that difficulty will go down. But I'll go out on a limb and say it's not going down.

And it's not going up because Bitmain (and other consumer miner vendors) will be shipping. It's going up because the large-scale mining operations are still hugely profitable and not shutting down yet. They're adding more miners in stages. We just happen to be in a lull but it's likely to change soon.
legendary
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8515
'The right to privacy matters'
I certainly hope so, but once the S4's start shipping that's just going to jump right back up.  Despite the fact that the S4 will not ROI they did sell out of batch one.

Well the claim is they sold out.  They did not sell that many.  the pay address is floating around I think they sold under 500 of them.
legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021
I certainly hope so, but once the S4's start shipping that's just going to jump right back up.  Despite the fact that the S4 will not ROI they did sell out of batch one.
Activity: 195
Merit: 100
Time between blocks is now over 11 minutes here.
https://blockchain.info/stats

Remember that large Chinese operation with 2013 generation ASIC mining. They probably cannot cash flow at $400 and are shutting down (or getting shut down by the power company). Alternatively, they may just be turning off the old miners and waiting for BTC to recover.  We may be seeing the 2013 generation ASICs dropping of the grid.

You may be right.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
The trend certainly looks like we're in store for the first difficulty decrease since January, 2013.

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty

One difficulty adjustment does not a trend make, so don't get crazy and invest in a lot of new mining hardware if the difficulty does go down in the near future.  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: