Pages:
Author

Topic: " I use my credit card for the miles" - page 2. (Read 2075 times)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0
June 26, 2013, 12:29:03 PM
Every perks have their prices, I guess not many people know or care Sad
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
June 26, 2013, 12:26:51 PM
The credit card companies normally charges the merchants 3-5% over the transaction cost.

If I use a credit card which gives me cash-back, and I pay off the card balance every month, why should I use cash instead?
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
June 26, 2013, 10:01:14 AM
On the news radio the other day, they were asking the rhetorical question, "Do you prefer to make most of your purchases with cash or plastic?" Then they followed it with sound bytes. The one that stood out was, "I use my credit card for the miles." This pissed me off. Why can't people understand that those miles are not free, that we all have to pay for this person's fucking miles? I just wish people weren't so damned stupid.

The overall consensus of the news article was that some people prefer plastic because of the perks and not having to always carry around cash. While others preferred to use cash because they felt like they weren't spending real money when using a credit card, which was dangerous because they'd always spend too much. That's what I like about Bitcoin. It doesn't have the perks of a credit card but it does prevent you from having to stop by the ATM and pull out cash all the time. However, I consider lower prices due to the merchant not having to pass his costs on to me a perk. Bitcoin also solves the problem of not feeling like real money because you see your balance go down in your wallet the minute you spend from it.
Pages:
Jump to: