Pages:
Author

Topic: I want to censor my internet - page 3. (Read 1887 times)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564
Need some spare btc for a new PC
February 18, 2017, 06:38:51 PM
You can find some browser like TOR, tho I wouldn't recommend tor. Tho, there are a lot of other ones better, short google search would show you the answers. Also, a vpn would do the trick in some cases.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
February 18, 2017, 06:29:25 PM
i know what you mean. almost all of it is unhelpful and depressing but i don't know how you could filter out individual stuff.

the best you can do is choose to avoid the most poisonous sites, and install stuff like the below.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/mediamonkeyblog/2011/mar/28/kitten-block

Activity: 33
Merit: 0
February 18, 2017, 05:15:51 PM
We are bombarded and over-exposed to certain sensationalist themes and media narratives.

It's almost impossible for anyone to come up with their own ideas/views/opinions with the kind of narrative feeding we get on a daily basis. I know 'giving up the internet' and/or not visiting certain websites could alleviate this issue some what but it led me to thinking.....

Is there a way to self-censor the data you receive?

eg. If someone finds it counter-productive/unhelpful to hear about 'terrorism' on a daily basis, is it possible to block anything associated with this from your internet viewing without having to restrict the websites you visit?

A lot of people are becoming aware of their over-exposure to other's sensationalist ideas and may be looking for a solution/more control of their data absorption habits....

Does anyone else want a filter/ more control over your internet viewing?

Any ideas on how this can be done?
Pages:
Jump to: