Pages:
Author

Topic: I want to daytrade on bitmex with leverage - page 2. (Read 278 times)

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
August 02, 2019, 03:54:21 AM
1) I want to use leverage which I know is dangerous, but is x5 profitable? is it good balance of risk and reward probability? I am also considering x10, or is it too much?

I use 10x very rarely.....it's really only for those "perfect setup" situations. 3-5x is my sweet spot. It gives you some cushion for wider stops.

2) What are good indicators for daytrading in 5 min charts?

ConnorsRSI is great for low time frame scalping. Combined with Bollinger Bands and either RSI or Chande Momentum, you'll have a good scalping arsenal.

3) Is it possible to compound the gains? I know traders have minus days and they just try to go in plus at average of week/month, but is it realistic to compound it monthly or so? And raise your trading budget with it?

Yes but the psychology of trading a larger account and short/mid term downswings in profitability (variance) will slow you down.
BQ
Activity: 616
Merit: 53
CoinMetro - the future of exchanges
August 01, 2019, 10:22:16 PM
If you want to margin trade, CoinMetro offers currently 3:1 leverage with 0 risk to end up with negative balance,
within a few weeks, margin posting is live which allows people to lend assets to margin traders (thus a way to earn passive income also!) - anyway this should also enable higher leverage.

The benefit of using CoinMetro for this is that the fees are calculated per minute, and the margin trading fees are the lowest in the market. Daily fee is 0.08% of negative exposure (30% annually).
So using CoinMetro might be much wiser if you, as you said, keep your orders open for smaller amounts of time, as you only pay as long as your order is open.

Also a fully regulated exchange so there's no risk for any shady stuff.

You can check out the margin platform and try paper-trading, just go to "Try Our Margin-Platform"  Grin
Activity: 1330
Merit: 326
August 01, 2019, 10:09:54 PM
I am a bitmex trader for so many months now and great thing you are part of a leverage trading now.

1. I usually use 5x-10x leverage only and do not exceed to that level. It is still profitable if you execute big entry amount, then you can see that you are gaining even in that small leverage. Remember that small leverage is better safe than to use higher ones.

2. Been using MA, Stoch RSI and RSI only but I usually confirms it in 4hr and 1d tf since I am more comfortable and used to that tineframes as a scalper.

3. As for the budget, whenever i do gains i added up to my funds and also cash some and stick to my goal fund. It is your choice whatever your goal profits in a month, as long as you are gaining, then that is more important.

4. Realistic percentage gain of dollar/btc? Im not sure about it as I usually focus on my profits percentage and not with the pairing of usd/btc. Lol
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1130
Bitcoin FTW!
August 01, 2019, 11:56:55 AM
Bitmex's UI is great and very customizeable compared to that of a lot of other exchanges; might be part of the reason why you like the site. That's one of the main reasons why I use it myself. Smiley

As for leverage, I would suggest using leverage under 5x and rarely 10x if you really must. If you're setting market stops and using a tool like http://antiliquidation.com/ to calculate your stops and R/R, you can use leverage under whatever amount the site suggests (anything over means liquidation price > stop). Here's a good Medium guide on how to use the tool; pretty basic, but a very good read especially if you're new to Bitmex and leveraged trading.

I typically use just MAs and RSI for LTF trading, though I usually trade 15M in such a circumstance and not 5M.

For % gains, don't worry about that and rather just focus on executing trades with good setups at the right time. If a market is untradeable for you, don't force a trade and just wait 'till a good setup comes and use it. Don't force yourself to make a percentage gain per week or month or whatever your goal is too much.
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
August 01, 2019, 07:48:19 AM
Good thing you already have some experience in trading before starting with Bitmex!  Cool

1) x5 is more than enough at the beginning. You may even start with x2 or x3 to get a feeling for this (highly recommended). A x10 leverage will wipe your balance away in minutes, especially with tight stop-losses (think again if you want to do this as spikes are usually bigger on bitmex).

2) None. The time frame is too short for any indicator. Look for candlestick patterns instead and use RSI & moving averages on a daily time frame.

3) I don't really get that question.  Huh
To my personal experience, setting a goal for a week/ month or so isn't advisable. It will make you feel uncomfortable in some situations. But, it is definitely possible to grow your balance exponentially.

4) The most realistic to say is: "90% of traders lose money." See point 3 instead.  Wink
If you're able to make recurring profits, you're ahead already.

Thanks! yeah well. I heard a lot that setting specific money goals is bad, guess I'll have to deal with it, I am happy if my balance will grow faster than a bank deposit interest after all Cheesy
Activity: 386
Merit: 78
[insert coin to continue]
August 01, 2019, 07:41:20 AM
Good thing you already have some experience in trading before starting with Bitmex!  Cool

1) x5 is more than enough at the beginning. You may even start with x2 or x3 to get a feeling for this (highly recommended). A x10 leverage will wipe your balance away in minutes, especially with tight stop-losses (think again if you want to do this as spikes are usually bigger on bitmex).

2) None. The time frame is too short for any indicator. Look for candlestick patterns instead and use RSI & moving averages on a daily time frame.

3) I don't really get that question.  Huh
To my personal experience, setting a goal for a week/ month or so isn't advisable. It will make you feel uncomfortable in some situations. But, it is definitely possible to grow your balance exponentially.

4) The most realistic to say is: "90% of traders lose money." See point 3 instead.  Wink
If you're able to make recurring profits, you're ahead already.
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
August 01, 2019, 06:45:12 AM
As title says. Basically I've been daytrading mostly tiny accounts for practice for past 3 years. (don't have patience for paper trading Undecided )

I want to start building up my portfolio/balance at bitmex, I traded on bittrex, binance and few others but I just love bitmex for some reason. So I have few main questions I want to get opinions on.

One more thing, I know all these questions depend a lot on the trader but I still want to know opinions, to explain context with me, I like very small timeframe trades (20-120 minutes per open trade) I use stop loss and trailing stop mostly pretty tightly.

1) I want to use leverage which I know is dangerous, but is x5 profitable? is it good balance of risk and reward probability? I am also considering x10, or is it too much? Take in considerating my mentioned trading style Cheesy

2) What are good indicators for daytrading in 5 min charts?

3) Is it possible to compound the gains? I know traders have minus days and they just try to go in plus at average of week/month, but is it realistic to compound it monthly or so? And raise your trading budget with it?

4) What is realistic percentage or dollar/btc gains? I don't plan on opening huge account with all of my savings or something, so I hope I can raise it from trading and grow it.

Thankies Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: