Pages:
Author

Topic: I want to purchase my first bitcoins anonymously. - page 2. (Read 5451 times)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0
How anonymously? Truly anonymous takes work.

Are we talking Tin Foil Hat Anonymous?
Something that allows usage through Tor.

Grab a MoneyPak, get on to Tor, set up Tor SASL, goto #bitcoin-otc on freenode IRC, make your offer. Wait until someone responds, provide MP to a trusted trader there, receive BTC.  This will probably be the cheapest and safest routes for you to maintain anonymity.

Why such a concern over the purchase of BTC though?  They are not illegal.

Spending the Coins is where you might be more concerned over anonymity rather than purchasing them.

Cash in the mail also works but that takes time and several layers of trust.

I'll look into this. Thanks.

If my reasons were declarable, I would of already declared them.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
Hi Atlas. Ready to be permabanned for a third time?
vip
Activity: 490
Merit: 271

Grab a MoneyPak, get on to Tor, set up Tor SASL, goto #bitcoin-otc on freenode IRC, make your offer. Wait until someone responds, provide MP to a trusted trader there, receive BTC.  This will probably be the cheapest and safest routes for you to maintain anonymity.

Why such a concern over the purchase of BTC though?  They are not illegal.

Spending the Coins is where you might be more concerned over anonymity rather than purchasing them.

Cash in the mail also works but that takes time and several layers of trust.

EDIT: actually, some sort of return address might be a good idea in case I can't fill your order. I'd have no way of returning your money to you... Maybe not a great idea, but might be good with some careful planning.

It's cool. Thanks anyways.
Where do you live? (approximately)
Milky Way.
You could send me just cash in the mail with a printed address enclosed. You wouldn't need to write a return address.

I am not sure if there is anyone who runs services like these, or how trust worthy they'd be. I'd be willing to start something though.
PM me. Will this will be at the Mt. Gox "last price" exchange rate?
Activity: 868
Merit: 1002
Where do you live? (approximately)
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
I'd fight Gandhi.
You could send me just cash in the mail with a printed address enclosed. You wouldn't need to write a return address.

I am not sure if there is anyone who runs services like these, or how trust worthy they'd be. I'd be willing to start something though.

EDIT: actually, some sort of return address might be a good idea in case I can't fill your order. I'd have no way of returning your money to you... Maybe not a great idea, but might be good with some careful planning.

vip
Activity: 490
Merit: 271

Any suggestions?
Pages:
Jump to: