Pages:
Author

Topic: I was invited to speak to civil service review students next month about Bitcoin - page 2. (Read 249 times)

Activity: 1848
Merit: 341
Duelbits.com
Well it depends on how good you are in a field that includes Bitcoin. Because after all, don't imply big questions at the end and you are burdened with big responsibilities yourself. If I were you, I would reject it. Why? as far as my understanding of Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies is concerned, I personally still feel lacking and completely clueless. It's not that I don't want to spread information, but given the diverse thinking of the community and the limited knowledge that only relies on theory, it is clear that I will strongly object.

Come back to how far your mastery is, and if you feel you have had enough, then I will not hinder positive action.
Activity: 1764
Merit: 694
[Nope]No hype delivers more than hope
-snip-
But if they ask something like “if it’s a good time to buy BTC or something like that”, I would just simply tell them that they should only invest or trade an amount that they can afford to lose because BTC and cryptocurrencies are having no astronomical guaranteed returns or promises about gains.

If it's me, I'd say "Actually no, you guys just got your beginner's lesson today. I just don't want you to come blaming me the next day for losing." And also at the end of the meeting you should convey a disclaimer that their risk is not your responsibility or something like that. Because not everyone can digest the information in a seminar (1 meeting), they can involve you about their risks which you don't even know.

Good luck with your seminar.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 658
Revolutionized copy gaming platform
What are you going to be talking to them about? I'd personally stay away from talking about the price, its potential to increase, and all other speculation. Rather, I'd probably talk about why Bitcoin was created, what benefits it has to fiat, and the downsides to fiat. I would absolutely try to remain non biased though, don't sell Bitcoin as this sort of miracle cure to all modern day problems, and instead be honest about its short comings, because there are definitely some, especially for a average user who isn't all that interested in the technicalities.

I'd probably mention how Bitcoin allows you to effectively eradicate third parties, and therefore become solely responsible for your money. While that definitely sounds good to most people, there are hidden draw backs to that, such as no in built fraud protection, no safety net, and you're responsible for your security rather than experts that have been hired to secure your assets.

Great question. Yes I stay away regarding BTCs price, but rather I focus more on educating them about Bitcoin’s history, real use cases, fundamentals, adoption, awareness, etc. I’ll also gonna mention about dollar-cost averaging (DCA) strategy too. But if they ask something like “if it’s a good time to buy BTC or something like that”, I would just simply tell them that they should only invest or trade an amount that they can afford to lose because BTC and cryptocurrencies are having no astronomical guaranteed returns or promises about gains.

I ain’t gonna force them to buy BTC after the seminar. Just simple education and awareness only, that’s my main goal. I’ll just let them decide on their own if they are willing to try even in just small amount like satoshis. Decisions are always respected, coz’ I am just aiming to build good relationships no matter if they like Bitcoin or not.

Very cool, thanks for sharing with us. I’m curious what kind of topics you place on discussing in regards to bitcoin. Are you going to go very deep in to the blockchain and how it works or just kind of keep it simple overall? You mention you’re excited to start educating people on bitcoin again via speeches, what did you do before the pandemic ?

Before the pandemic, I have been roaming into some local universities and communities educating the masses about cryptocurrencies as a keynote speaker. Plus, I have been traveling overseas to attend crypto and blockchain conferences.

Right now I am a full-time crypto, NFT and metaverse Youtuber and content creator since the pandemic began. I’ve been reviewing various projects, doing pre-recorded interviews, live AMAs, unboxing hardware wallet, playing demo versions of P2E games, etc. Journey wasn’t easy since the beginning of the pandemic, but it’s all worth it in the end.  
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3002
Very cool, thanks for sharing with us. I’m curious what kind of topics you place on discussing in regards to bitcoin. Are you going to go very deep in to the blockchain and how it works or just kind of keep it simple overall? You mention you’re excited to start educating people on bitcoin again via speeches, what did you do before the pandemic ?
staff
Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110
What are you going to be talking to them about? I'd personally stay away from talking about the price, its potential to increase, and all other speculation. Rather, I'd probably talk about why Bitcoin was created, what benefits it has to fiat, and the downsides to fiat. I would absolutely try to remain non biased though, don't sell Bitcoin as this sort of miracle cure to all modern day problems, and instead be honest about its short comings, because there are definitely some, especially for a average user who isn't all that interested in the technicalities.

I'd probably mention how Bitcoin allows you to effectively eradicate third parties, and therefore become solely responsible for your money. While that definitely sounds good to most people, there are hidden draw backs to that, such as no in built fraud protection, no safety net, and you're responsible for your security rather than experts that have been hired to secure your assets.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 658
Revolutionized copy gaming platform
As COVID-19 pandemic slowly lowers down here in the city, mass gatherings are allowed once again provided that we still have to follow minimum public health standards such as wearing of face masks, etc.

A guy I knew for a while who owns a review center for civil service examinees, knows that I am into Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. He called me yesterday, asking if I am available to be a guest speaker to his students in educating them about Bitcoin when the opening of classes starts next month. Not just BTC, but the evolving and expanding crypto industry like DeFi, NFTs, metaverse, etc.

This is going to be the first time I am educating the masses physically after 2 years of COVID-19 pandemic restrictions. Of course, I am happy and excited to finally doing this again in front of many people (not virtually). Hopefully this is a new beginning for me to finally resume being a crypto speaker once again.   
Pages:
Jump to: