Pages:
Author

Topic: I was told to pay 0.07BTC to create an account here - page 2. (Read 3294 times)

administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13032
That does seem a bit high. I'll have to look into whether the algorithm is working as expected. Maybe it isn't decaying fast enough. Though if tons of Tor users have been getting banned recently, a high fee is supposed to (temporarily) apply.

If bitcoind is ever down, email that pbbugs address and I'll whitelist you for free.
copper member
Activity: 2926
Merit: 2348
You probably have been banned many times if you have that many units of evil

I was using Tor. Changing exit nodes didn't change the fee. I had to make another account, and that one cost 0.011BTC, which I ended up paying but is still way too much. There is no way accounts should cost this much, there should be a fixed fee for registering from a Tor exit node if this was caused by a large number of people being banned.
If you are really an attorney then there is no reason for you to use tor to sign up because your identity has already been established by your "letter" to theymos
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Last week registration was not even possible through tor. Bitcoind was down they said.

Time for another forum?
Activity: 26

I was using Tor. Changing exit nodes didn't change the fee. I had to make another account, and that one cost 0.011BTC, which I ended up paying but is still way too much. There is no way accounts should cost this much, there should be a fixed fee for registering from a Tor exit node if this was caused by a large number of people being banned.
copper member
Activity: 2926
Merit: 2348
Activity: 26
http://s8.postimg.org/qj8kty8id/omgfee.png

0.07BTC?! thats not what I would call a small fee.

and I made another account and got it down to 0.011BTC, but still... DAFUQ?
Pages:
Jump to: