Pages:
Author

Topic: I0Coin is a SCAM - page 6. (Read 7319 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
August 17, 2011, 08:11:26 AM
There is a lot of fishy stuff about this launch. It came out 75 minutes later than expected and its possible that others were mining on the new block chain before it was posted to the forum. It also came with missing DLLs files
for the Windows install and it didn't run in server mode by default meaning that many solo miners may have lost a lot of blocks. Of course there was a lot of rush to mine this new block chain but many people not realising they required to server switch and still seeing zero balance took to the mining pools despite the very low difficulty. The mining pools really made the situation much worse as all the hashing power was now centralized mainly at BTCguild.

Anyone with a direct low latency connection to BTCGuild would have easily mined a lot blocks and causing other miners blocks to be rejected or marked as stales. Many miners big and small alike found that they efforts to mine this new blockchain were futile. I call for a royal commission and thorough investigation into the I0Coin fiasco. We need to look at the block chain data and see compare time stamps. We also need to investigate the many lost blocks and coins and enumerate exactly who most of the winning blocks went to.

The pools unfortunately have to much power and are defeating the purpose of p2p currency.
Pages:
Jump to: