Pages:
Author

Topic: Ian Balina Loses 2 Million USD - page 2. (Read 593 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 10
April 17, 2018, 06:03:17 PM
Its his fault not anyone's,he should be in a deep trouble right now or he might be just using this hack inccident so that we wont pay taxes because he doesnt have any to pay,as he said he was hack before the payment of his taxes  Grin He is indeed clever so that the IRS wont get any taxes from him because he was hacked before the taxes!
Activity: 194
April 17, 2018, 05:52:37 PM
He has been showing his portfolio to the people which is why he was targeted by the professional hackers,we shouldnt be showing millions of dollars to anyone because it might be the reason why we our lives might be in great danger for example that one hacker knew where you are living,your kids might be kidnapped or something else,which they would require you to send your money thru their wallets.
Activity: 196
Protocol and Token to Reinvent Skill Validation
April 17, 2018, 05:48:25 PM
I pity him,he surely do not deserve this but his carelessness have resulted into big loss,this is the reason why we shouldnt be telling others how much we have in our portfolio,.so that we wont get targeted by these hackers.These people are going to do everything that they can to get your private keys so you should be protecting it will all that you've got.
Activity: 168
April 17, 2018, 05:46:04 PM
Its clearly his fault not anyone's but himfself,he learned his lesson in a hardway,that amount is unrecoverable for me,but if he has more money today he can easily get back what he have lost from being careless.That is why we shouldnt be exposing our weath to the public because we might be targeted by these hackers,or greedy people.
Activity: 1050
Martian Swap - Anti Whale Measures New Yield Farmi
April 17, 2018, 05:43:34 PM
I don't think so.Ian Balina is a pro in his profession.It's hard to do such mistake by him.A pro like him always uses a hard wallet, not a soft one.But still, we are human mistakes happen.2bln is a huge money .i hope that he will get his money back.But there were rumors that the hack happened a day before his tax payments.I don't mean anything I just heard this rumor.Whatever happened is not good.hope For some thinks good.And he is a really good man in my thoughts.Cause no one said the real fact about any ico, Everybody wants to give them money then they speak ian balina do it for free.And not spread any scam ico.So Hope he hear some good news soon.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
April 17, 2018, 05:22:13 PM
Ist fake for sure. Good for his Marketing.
legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 1251
April 17, 2018, 01:54:36 PM
Losing money before tax day, seem like Ian Balina wants to avoid some tax for his Cryptocurrency. Same happen with James Trevon he has 100 Bitcoin say hacked. But on some video, he still has the 100 bitcoin still on his wallet.
sud
Activity: 826
Merit: 301
April 17, 2018, 01:52:23 PM
And that's why, in this world, specially the cryptocurrency's one, it's important to keep a LOW PROFILE. I'll earn my coins without people know exactly what I have and IF I get rich in the process, almost nobody will know.

Exactly, 100% agree with this. That is why most of the popular crypto influencers on Twitter are anonymous, using only aliases. Also do not brag about how much money you have made on trading/investing in ICOs, that is ridiculus. It's like asking all the hackers out there to steal it.
Activity: 910
Merit: 103
April 17, 2018, 11:25:55 AM
I've no idea Why save the important private key in Evernote, it's a online platform, It's a big amount of Cryptocurrency (2 Million USD), maybe he don't care his money, I want to know that it's a hardware wallet (store private on Evernote) or Just a MEW online wallet?
Activity: 210
April 17, 2018, 11:00:35 AM
I read his twitter, it looks like it's true! Very frustrating, he is a sensible guy, helping people! But the fact that this happened before paying taxes is a bit suspicious. It would be a good move not to pay.
Activity: 76
April 17, 2018, 10:49:41 AM
I don't think a powerful advisor like ian will be so dumb to not use a hard wallet. This is just sick tactic to create an hype!
But funds have been stolen from hard wallet! Somebody hacked his wallet during Ians live stream when wallet was connected to his desktop. So i believe that he can return his funds and punish the fuckin' hackers!

It was not a hard wallet, it was MEW.
very strange when he use MEW to stored million $ worth of tokens lol.
BTW, EVERNOTE is FUCK! when I join this crypto market and have my 1st MEW account I kept my private key on Evernote. after 3 months all of my token gone damn it.
so the lesson is never keep your private key on any cloud service. write down and plastic for it! Bingo!

Agreed, using MEW (and some people said that tokens were moved week before to this address), storing private keys in Evernote, using colleague's email as recovery email... Sounds really fishy, and right before IRS
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE
April 17, 2018, 10:21:01 AM
I don't think a powerful advisor like ian will be so dumb to not use a hard wallet. This is just sick tactic to create an hype!
But funds have been stolen from hard wallet! Somebody hacked his wallet during Ians live stream when wallet was connected to his desktop. So i believe that he can return his funds and punish the fuckin' hackers!

very strange when he use MEW to stored million $ worth of tokens lol.
BTW, EVERNOTE is FUCK! when I join this crypto market and have my 1st MEW account I kept my private key on Evernote. after 3 months all of my token gone damn it.
so the lesson is never keep your private key on any cloud service. write down and plastic for it! Bingo!
Activity: 76
April 17, 2018, 10:15:11 AM

Activity: 420
Merit: 15
April 17, 2018, 10:13:31 AM
Ian remained Pundi-x tokens so if NPXS's price will make x10-x20 near future Ian will be millionare again. And NPXS rised up for 75% on IDEX today - it's just a beginning)
Activity: 378
Merit: 11
April 17, 2018, 09:12:32 AM
Very sad story, I like this investor, his investment advice, he says a lot of very useful things on YouTube. But you must always remember that it's better to take more to protect your money from hackers.
Activity: 283
Merit: 6
April 17, 2018, 08:47:57 AM
And that's why, in this world, specially the cryptocurrency's one, it's important to keep a LOW PROFILE. I'll earn my coins without people know exactly what I have and IF I get rich in the process, almost nobody will know.
Activity: 392
Merit: 11
April 17, 2018, 08:44:24 AM
I think this new is fake. This is done in order to create a hype around the name Ian balina and attract more attention to his person and followers to his Twitter account.

Well, this is not a mainstream opinion. But as long I don't see the proof, I still say this is a truly hacked.
This is a lesson learned for us, that hacker always around us.
Activity: 88
April 17, 2018, 08:38:33 AM
He should keep all his keys on a Hard Wallet next time, it's quite shocking that would happen to someone like Ian Balina. It's shocking because someone with Balina's knowledge as regards cryptocurrencies and how they work and all the security measures that come with it, he should of known better.
This should be a lesson to all of us, to keep our private keys stored in an entirely separate place.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
April 17, 2018, 08:15:32 AM
A very unpleasant situation with such a well-known investor, I listen to all his advice and recommendations on investment, usually all projects bring profit, which he piarit. I hope he can return some of the lost coins.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1598
Do not die for Putin
April 17, 2018, 08:11:51 AM
I feel sorry for him, a great champion of cripto, but I feel even more sorry for myself because I cannot loose that amount of money since I don´t have it. You see, not even in cold storage boy.
Pages:
Jump to: