Pages:
Author

Topic: IBM and Dubai Government initiate blockchain logistics initiative - page 2. (Read 1079 times)

legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
The blockchain pumpers are at it again. The people behind it keep using the blockchain buzzword to scam the Dubai government for money and to use their "blockchain" for whatever purpose the can think of. All they need is a database. There is no need to use a "blockchain" whatever that means to them. In their "blockchain" they have taken out the most exciting parts from Bitcoin and have created SQL. Nice.
This is something that has really been grinding my gears, I do not understand why or how people think that the blockchain is something more than a glorified database that is supposed to magically revolutionize fintech and change it as we know. It is essentially just one large database that uses a lot of electricity.

It has some uses, like stock market stuff, but beyond that it doesn;t really offer benefits.

i believe when they say blockchain technology they mean the cryptocurrency technology, it is not just the database, it is how you use that database with the cryptography on top of it. just like bitcoin and altcoins are doing.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
The blockchain pumpers are at it again. The people behind it keep using the blockchain buzzword to scam the Dubai government for money and to use their "blockchain" for whatever purpose the can think of. All they need is a database. There is no need to use a "blockchain" whatever that means to them. In their "blockchain" they have taken out the most exciting parts from Bitcoin and have created SQL. Nice.
This is something that has really been grinding my gears, I do not understand why or how people think that the blockchain is something more than a glorified database that is supposed to magically revolutionize fintech and change it as we know. It is essentially just one large database that uses a lot of electricity.

It has some uses, like stock market stuff, but beyond that it doesn;t really offer benefits.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
The blockchain pumpers are at it again. The people behind it keep using the blockchain buzzword to scam the Dubai government for money and to use their "blockchain" for whatever purpose they can think of. All they need is a database. There is no need to use a "blockchain" whatever that means to them. In their "blockchain" they have taken out the most exciting parts from Bitcoin and have created SQL. Nice.
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
The use of blockchain technology in commerce and trade is a very good idea. Aside from its easy to record transaction it is also much easy to monitor and check how the delivery is being made. Monitoring will be much easier in this kind of industry using blockchain technology but I am curious as to what kind of design they will use to make this program running.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
IBM is collaborating with Dubai Customs, Dubai Trade and its IT provider Dutech, to explore the use of blockchain technology for the import and re-export process of goods in and out of Dubai.

http://gulfnews.com/business/sectors/technology/ibm-to-collaborate-with-dubai-government-for-blockchain-tech-1.1974813

Global organizations and governments now have all identified blockchain
as a revolutionary technology.

What do you think is the advantage of using blockchain in other industries?
or roadblocks that one can face implementing such kind of techonology?
Pages:
Jump to: