Pages:
Author

Topic: ICBIT Derivatives Market (USD/BTC futures trading) - LIVE - page 27. (Read 97654 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500
I was asking because I am hoping that new series will appear.  Wink

me can haz future oil ?
Activity: 547
Decor in numeris
...or if the volumes has been too low.

an iliquid market can both be a drawback or a benefit.
It was both harder to get in and out of an Oil (or even more Gold) furures position. For example, during that smack down the last days, the effect on CLG or GDG was only marginal, which IMHO was a good thing.

Agreed.  I was asking because I am hoping that new series will appear.  Wink
Activity: 674
however, only withdrawals associated with a bitcoin transaction seem to show up in the transactions list. Neither pending requests, nor rejected requests are visible -- at least in those Firefox versions I was able to try.[/li][/list]

This is fixed now, and all rejected and pending BTC withdrawals will show up in your Transactions table.
...or if the volumes has been too low.

an iliquid market can both be a drawback or a benefit.
It was both harder to get in and out of an Oil (or even more Gold) furures position. For example, during that smack down the last days, the effect on CLG or GDG was only marginal, which IMHO was a good thing.
Decor in numeris
With around 2 weeks to go before settlement of GDG3 and CLG3 I am wondering if they will be replaced by new series, or if the volumes has been too low.

I guess there is a small bug here. Smiley
Allright, bug report accepted, going to investigate and fix Wink

Meanwhile Alex from ICBIT support answered to my PM showing me the internal deatils visible in the DB.
Also, we did another experiment. The situation seems to be as follows
  • the decision about allowing or rejecting a withdrawal is done on the server, and might happen a bit later -- and the available margin at that moment is what counts. Due to fluctuations in open positions, a pending request might be rejected.
  • however, only withdrawals associated with a bitcoin transaction seem to show up in the transactions list. Neither pending requests, nor rejected requests are visible -- at least in those Firefox versions I was able to try.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
Feature request:

Ability for me to cause a new deposit address to be generated for my account.  

Currently, the blockchain shows all my deposits to a single Bitcoin address that get credited to my wallet at ICBIT.

The whole concept of there being a new Bitcoin address for each transaction is so that privacy is maximized.    Because the wallet is a hosted (shared) EWallet, the funds I deposit will likely be withdrawn by someone else, thus there are clues out there that the address is associated with ICBIT deposits and those addresses might get scrutinized further to try to determine the identity or other clues about who is the party responsible.
 I guess there is a small bug here. Smiley
Allright, bug report accepted, going to investigate and fix Wink
Decor in numeris
From this moment, you can see it in the Transaction table, at the bottom of the Funds table. To the right of it will be its status. Nothing for pending/unprocessed transactions, link to the corresponding transaction for a successfull payout, or rejection if there were not enough money.
Unfortunately, neither the pending nor the rejected transactions appear in the transaction table.  I am 100% about the pending, and 95% sure about the rejected transactions not appearing - at least I have had transactions rejected (or at least never going through) in the past, and never showing up.   I guess there is a small bug here. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1367
Merit: 1000
There is indeed the message indicating that the request was generated and queued. But nothing else. No new entry in the transactions list, and no BTC transaction, even now, after about 1 hour. When I reload the "funds" tab, of course then the green message is gone, but still no entry in the Transactions list.

Actually I've never seen a new entry in the transactions list before also the real BTC transaction was propagated to the network. So maybe there is some problem just with some browsers, or just some acconts. I am using Firefox 17.0.1 on Ubuntu.

Confirm this.
From this moment, you can see it in the Transaction table, at the bottom of the Funds table.
This is not happening.
    It would be a desirable improvement to produce more explicit feedback when actions are rejected.
    On several instances, ICBIT rejects actions, but leaves to the user to guess the reason.
    Right now, all that happens is a script generated text in the current page "your request has been queued". I have witnessed numerous times, that even hours after such a request, nothing appeared on blockchain, nor was there any visible notice indicating why the withdrawal was not performed. The latter is especially annoying, since sometimes you just want to use excess funds elsewhere temporarily, and you need to get them out within some predictable time.[/li][/list]

The first step of withdrawal validation happens after hitting the withdraw button and it just checks whether you entered correct data, and outputs friendly error message (e.g. "invalid bitcoin address", "invalid amount specified").
    If it passes these checks, then it's added to the transactions queue ("Your payout request has been queued. Once it's processed, transaction amount will be deducted from your account.").
    From this moment, you can see it in the Transaction table, at the bottom of the Funds table. To the right of it will be its status. Nothing for pending/unprocessed transactions, link to the corresponding transaction for a successfull payout, or rejection if there were not enough money.

so there might be a bug hidden somewhere.
    Just to confirm, I've tried to initiate a withdrawal of 20 BTC.
    There is indeed the message indicating that the request was generated and queued. But nothing else. No new entry in the transactions list, and no BTC transaction, even now, after about 1 hour. When I reload the "funds" tab, of course then the green message is gone, but still no entry in the Transactions list.

Actually I've never seen a new entry in the transactions list before also the real BTC transaction was propagated to the network. So maybe there is some problem just with some browsers, or just some acconts. I am using Firefox 17.0.1 on Ubuntu.
    It would be a desirable improvement to produce more explicit feedback when actions are rejected.

On several instances, ICBIT rejects actions, but leaves to the user to guess the reason.
    • sometimes, orders in one direction are rejected when they cross your own orders in the opposite direction. While this is a good feature to prevent erroneously priced orders, it is a real annoyance regarding market orders (since they seemingly are entered as limit orders with the maximum/minimum allowed price for that trading session). At least, ICBIT should give a verbal indication what is wrong, instead of just writing "Rejected". Moreover, this notice should be visible immediately -- currently it is often necessary to reload the page.
    • Sometimes, additional offers are rejected when you have already an order in the same direction close by. Maybe there is a heuristics to prevent a single account to produce more than x % of the current Bid / Ask side? Anyway, ICBIT should at least indicate what is wrong, and do so immediately.
    • When processing withdrawals, there seems to be an additional risk calculation. The required margin seems to be calculated different than what is displayed as available margin; my guess is that pending losses and maybe even the possibility of executing an offer is included somehow different then in the displayed margin. Anyway, again, ICBIT should
      • immediately indicate why the withdrawal would be rejected, and what amount can effectively be withdrawn.
      • immediately create an permanent entry in the withdrawal history -- maybe even just with "pending", or "requires manual approval"
      Right now, all that happens is a script generated text in the current page "your request has been queued". I have witnessed numerous times, that even hours after such a request, nothing appeared on blockchain, nor was there any visible notice indicating why the withdrawal was not performed. The latter is especially annoying, since sometimes you just want to use excess funds elsewhere temporarily, and you need to get them out within some predictable time.

While these improvements are certainly not necessary for the basic trading functionality, they would render the platform more responsive and tangible for the user.

This is already in-progress, as a very demanded feature. That is, the orders rejection description.

However, as for withdrawals, it's somehow different, and your last two statements are already there for a long time.
    The first step of withdrawal validation happens after hitting the withdraw button and it just checks whether you entered correct data, and outputs friendly error message (e.g. "invalid bitcoin address", "invalid amount specified").
    If it passes these checks, then it's added to the transactions queue ("Your payout request has been queued. Once it's processed, transaction amount will be deducted from your account.").

Mainly, I find that the empty "Status" is confusing. I will make it default to Pending then.

Thanks for your suggestions!

• sometimes, orders in one direction are rejected when they cross your own orders in the opposite direction. While this is a good feature to prevent erroneously priced orders, it is a real annoyance regarding market orders (since they seemingly are entered as limit orders with the maximum/minimum allowed price for that trading session). At least, ICBIT should give a verbal indication what is wrong, instead of just writing "Rejected". Moreover, this notice should be visible immediately -- currently it is often necessary to reload the page.
    • Sometimes, additional offers are rejected when you have already an order in the same direction close by. Maybe there is a heuristics to prevent a single account to produce more than x % of the current Bid / Ask side? Anyway, ICBIT should at least indicate what is wrong, and do so immediately.
    • When processing withdrawals, there seems to be an additional risk calculation. The required margin seems to be calculated different than what is displayed as available margin; my guess is that pending losses and maybe even the possibility of executing an offer is included somehow different then in the displayed margin. Anyway, again, ICBIT should
      • immediately indicate why the withdrawal would be rejected, and what amount can effectively be withdrawn.
      • immediately create an permanent entry in the withdrawal history -- maybe even just with "pending", or "requires manual approval"
      Right now, all that happens is a script generated text in the current page "your request has been queued". I have witnessed numerous times, that even hours after such a request, nothing appeared on blockchain, nor was there any visible notice indicating why the withdrawal was not performed. The latter is especially annoying, since sometimes you just want to use excess funds elsewhere temporarily, and you need to get them out within some predictable time.

While these improvements are certainly not necessary for the basic trading functionality, they would render the platform more responsive and tangible for the user.
    @Fireball:

You seem to be experiencing some clock skew on your server.  It is now only possible to withdraw money using Google Authenticator during the first half of the minutes.  In the second half, the one-time-password is judged to be invalid.

PS. Profitable to be long these days.  Grin  (But who knows what tomorrow brings)

I checked server's clock, there was a skew indeed, but it was only a 3-4 seconds difference (I set up NTP syncing to happen more often now).
    You can watch the server's clock "live" in the header of the web trading room, to make sure it's allright.
    Decor in numeris
    @Fireball:

You seem to be experiencing some clock skew on your server.  It is now only possible to withdraw money using Google Authenticator during the first half of the minutes.  In the second half, the one-time-password is judged to be invalid.

PS. Profitable to be long these days.  Grin  (But who knows what tomorrow brings)
    donator
    Activity: 2772
    Merit: 1019
    Done, works as expected now.

That was quick! Confirmed and thanks.
    Done, works as expected now.
    Confirm this.
    In chrome no prices, positions, orders.
    In IE it says something about bad certificate and after ignoring it all appears.

Same here, no data at all, no orders, no balances, nothing. Only thing filled is the price chart. Last data point from Jan 20th 5:00

EDIT: in both chromium and firefox.

Going to be fixed in a bit!
    donator
    Activity: 2772
    Merit: 1019
    Confirm this.
    In IE it says something about bad certificate and after ignoring it all appears.

Same here, no data at all, no orders, no balances, nothing. Only thing filled is the price chart. Last data point from Jan 20th 5:00

EDIT: in both chromium and firefox.
    legendary
    Activity: 1367
    Merit: 1000
    Confirm this.
    Pages:
    Jump to: