Pages:
Author

Topic: ICO ban and #deletefacebook - page 2. (Read 302 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 101
HEXCASH - Decentralized Fund
March 26, 2018, 01:16:13 PM
there are too many place to advertise ICOs and facebook, Twitter and Google are only few.
Yahoo isn't banning ICOs so that's an alternative.
this forum is the safest or ICOs bed of roses advertising and promotions because almost all members in this forum are crypto enthusiasts that's why signature bounty campaign mostly has higher bounty pool allocation because the signature we are wearing will catch the attention of potential investors and supporters.
Activity: 639
Merit: 18
March 25, 2018, 09:08:13 AM
I think Facebook's goal of banning cryptocurrency ads in its social media networks is because many cryptocurrency advertisements are associated with misleading promotions and companies with no good intentions, let alone many advertisements that offer cryptocurrency products that are not clear.
Activity: 182
Merit: 0
March 25, 2018, 09:00:40 AM
I don't think it'll matter much since most people are already deleting their facebook accounts, i doubt them bringing back ICO ads would help resolve the issue.
Activity: 275
Merit: 10
We offer our Service
March 25, 2018, 08:59:25 AM
Keep moving on there are a lot of social media sites where we can still advertise ico well in other way Facebook is helping ICO to be known faster because many will get curious about Crypto currency as well for banning ICO ads.
Merit: 11
March 25, 2018, 08:51:29 AM
oh no.. thats too bad for cryptocurrency because when we can share in facebook about cryptoworld we can also endorse or actually we can encourage other to enter here at cryptoworld. i hope we can do that in other social media account like instagram Twitter or its nice to have an social media that only about in cryptocurrency like bitcointalk
Activity: 560
Merit: 257
March 25, 2018, 08:43:23 AM
After the #deletefacebook, shares in stock of facebook fell heavily. Perhaps he will cancel the ban ICO in june 2018

They will cancel ban eventually, that is almost for sure. I mean, which company would refuse income, leaving ban forever would be insane move. I can understand why they banned it for now, reputation of company is important thing. But I don't see why they would ban it for good, unless we don't know the whole story (which is always the case). Facebook will survive even without crypto ads, but #deletefacebook is real threat to it. More and more people support their idea.
Merit: 1
March 25, 2018, 08:35:41 AM
First was banning crypto currency ads specially ICO's.
https://cointelegraph.com/news/facebook-bans-cryptocurrency-ico-ads-because-of-deceptive-promotional-practices

We know its reason is to stop the scammers and also for misleading advertisements. But there are also good ones that are affected with it. Scared investors will withdraw if they see it came from a trusted or powerful person/company.

Now, #deletefacebook came. Looks like he found his rival and is somehow giving him a hard time.  Grin
What are they really? Fame whore? Facebook have been shaking the internet consecutively now. What is the purpose behind all of this? Is the money that he is receiving not yet enough from advertisements and now he wants to look cool?

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/mar/23/elon-musk-delete-facebook-spacex-tesla-mark-zuckerberg

What else must the crypto world face being dragged by this? Of course we are affected, we are talking about the WWW where crypto is injected and cannot get out and we need those advertisements as far as we could to reach out those people that haven't heard a word about crypto currencies.

I believe that the whole #deletefacebook fiasco is because of their data harvesting and gathering through unethical ways. More of a privacy breach than anything, nothing to do with cryptos I think.
Activity: 74
March 25, 2018, 08:28:11 AM
After the #deletefacebook, shares in stock of facebook fell heavily. Perhaps he will cancel the ban ICO in june 2018
March 25, 2018, 08:12:11 AM
I guess, Mark Zuckerberg just want to run his own crypto. And he doesnt want any kind of competition to promote his crypto through Facebook. I could mistake. Anyway #deletefacebook

What I'm going to say is only speculation, I don't have any kind of evidence for it.
I have heard from a friend that Peculium wants/will sign contract with Facebook. If that is correct than, your theory could be correct... at least partially. There could be some bigger game involved, which we can't see.
Activity: 3
March 24, 2018, 06:29:26 AM
It is not the end of the world if social media platforms somehow ban the ICO advertisements. At the end, the more money you put in the more ranking you get for your ICO. This has to stop at some point and it will be better for newly released ICO's to rank high organically.
Activity: 238
Merit: 5
March 24, 2018, 06:20:11 AM
I guess, Mark Zuckerberg just want to run his own crypto. And he doesnt want any kind of competition to promote his crypto through Facebook. I could mistake. Anyway #deletefacebook
Activity: 246
Merit: 100
March 24, 2018, 03:06:58 AM
That will not go away, you can not worry, the one who wants to develop and make your product better will find another way. So I think this is the right step, protection from all kinds of spam, there is transparency and the strongest market participants.
March 24, 2018, 03:01:38 AM
Damn, their stock has tanked hard. Is this all due to this recent events? Is Elon Musk trying to take down facebook? Cheesy

Facebook had been selling user data illegaly and is facing lawsuits, the fines could ruin the platform financially.
There's actions to ban crypto ads does not help them, people now wants a real platform that would should real transparency.
When that news came out it has created a dump but crypto is strong now so it was able to bounce back.

Soon, we will have our social media that is based on blockchain and will be more popular than facebook.

I would not be surprised if someone try to make social media based around blockchain. But even if that happens, it would not be more popular than other social medias like Facebook. But why do we need social media about crypto, we have this forum. I doubt there will ever be social media about crypto. Social medias are cances of our community,  and they shouldn't be connected to crypto.
Activity: 504
Merit: 101
March 23, 2018, 10:26:03 PM
Damn, their stock has tanked hard. Is this all due to this recent events? Is Elon Musk trying to take down facebook? Cheesy

Facebook had been selling user data illegaly and is facing lawsuits, the fines could ruin the platform financially.
There's actions to ban crypto ads does not help them, people now wants a real platform that would should real transparency.
When that news came out it has created a dump but crypto is strong now so it was able to bounce back.

Soon, we will have our social media that is based on blockchain and will be more popular than facebook.
great ideas, social media based on blockchain have more popular potential than on facebook or other social media. everyone happy to get rewards, see what steem has done and I'm sure this is not the end of everything.
Activity: 2898
Merit: 590
BTC to the MOON in 2019
March 23, 2018, 09:23:43 PM

Activity: 231
Merit: 10
March 23, 2018, 09:04:35 PM
First was banning crypto currency ads specially ICO's.
https://cointelegraph.com/news/facebook-bans-cryptocurrency-ico-ads-because-of-deceptive-promotional-practices

We know its reason is to stop the scammers and also for misleading advertisements. But there are also good ones that are affected with it. Scared investors will withdraw if they see it came from a trusted or powerful person/company.

Now, #deletefacebook came. Looks like he found his rival and is somehow giving him a hard time.  Grin
What are they really? Fame whore? Facebook have been shaking the internet consecutively now. What is the purpose behind all of this? Is the money that he is receiving not yet enough from advertisements and now he wants to look cool?

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/mar/23/elon-musk-delete-facebook-spacex-tesla-mark-zuckerberg

What else must the crypto world face being dragged by this? Of course we are affected, we are talking about the WWW where crypto is injected and cannot get out and we need those advertisements as far as we could to reach out those people that haven't heard a word about crypto currencies.
If you are a legit ICO there is no reason to be afraid off. Besides Facebook and Twitter are not the only Social Networking site or Advertisement that are available. There are many ways to advertise it to reach the public awareness. I know many ICO that doesn't deleted by facebook, I think the one they are deleting are a shady ICO that has a complain and didn't comply with their rules.
Activity: 406
Merit: 111
March 23, 2018, 05:02:38 PM

March 23, 2018, 05:01:08 PM
Followed by Facebook and Twitter will prohibit the advertising of crypto currency. The Medium also blocks the accounts of those authors who write about ICO and the crypto currency. We were surrounded on all sides. Advertising projects is becoming more difficult. Who is next? YouTube?

It is not impossible for YouTube to forbid ads about cryptocurrency, after all YouTube is Google's property now. With so much new projects, comes a lot of scamming ones. Its no wonder that big companies doesn't want to lose their reputation because of some scam project. Those legit projects will turn to other places for advertising. This changes nothing, only people that know nothing about crypto will be affected by this kind of news.
Activity: 547
Merit: 250
March 23, 2018, 04:58:14 PM
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
March 23, 2018, 04:57:38 PM
Even there's a lot of problem facing by the cryptocurrencies for advertising in facebook, theres a lot of site that cryptocurrencies can  be accepted as long they open with it. as long it is not cause of for getting scam. cryptocurrency can be known not only in social media a lot of people can say it to seminars also for the relatives that who has experience in the crypto world. but the problem is like if the country is open for crypto so many country is against about it.
Pages:
Jump to: