Pages:
Author

Topic: ICO forbidden in China? Will same thing eventually happen in all countries? - page 3. (Read 1297 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 157
I agree with #2 but i think the reason for banning ICOs is actually just like with other investment schemes. They do want to protect the population, regulate the market and not have thousands of investors each case who lost money. Lots of investment scams going on, and ICO is a perfect platform for all of them, so i think thats why regulation comes. From what the REAL news actually is, related to china, and the hard facts about all countries, that it will be perfectly fine to launch new coins, but there needs to be some security, some clear warnings to investors (that they may lose all), maybe even documents signed, plus probably some external monitoring. And also it will surely become mandatory that the people behind an ICO cant enrich themselves from it just from the launch.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
it'll be the same as bitcoin markets in china, icos will return there when they're regulated to china's satisfaction.

eventually most countries around the world will regulate them too. there's too much money and too much risk for them not to do something.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Recently the government of China has forbidden all ICOs and initiated a major check of all projects. Moreover, all ICOs now have to return the funds to investors.
Do you think same thing might happen in other countries as well, or everything will stop on China?
Pages:
Jump to: