Pages:
Author

Topic: ICO Invstement - page 2. (Read 199 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 2
June 23, 2018, 04:49:17 AM
Try to take part in several ICOs spreading the budget. Some of them may be scam, some wont bring any profit,
others will show good results. Also try to take part in global projects, with experienced team and good reviews
Activity: 1834
Merit: 759
June 23, 2018, 04:43:44 AM
Read this if you want to invest in ICOs:

https://www.investopedia.com/news/80-icos-are-scams-report/

Apart from the headline that says 80% of ICOs are scams, the study also says that only 8% of them are listed in exchanges. Around half of that 8% apparently weren't even doing well despite being listed.

My thoughts for ICOs is that people should generally stay away, and should keep an eye out for projects that want to use the blockchain just for the sake of using it. Investing in them means acknowledging that you're very likely throwing your money away.
staff
Activity: 3290
Merit: 4114
June 22, 2018, 07:14:09 PM
I normally participate in ICOs that have hype. For me hype is more important than any other factors because of my personal goal.
This is the unfortunate truth. Hype usually generates the price spikes which people profit from, and generally hype is falsely generated by spammers advertising for the project or paid bumping services. Sometimes it doesn't even matter who is behind the project or what the ICO offers.

Of course, these aren't viable long term projects as the hype generally dies down.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 637
June 22, 2018, 06:43:40 PM
A lot of the ICOs are Scam, but there are successful ICOs and people make profit from them.

Most people don't profit from ICOs.

But the ICOs that have the best chance are those that:

• Have a viable business plan that appeals to people who aren't interest in cryptocurrency
  • Have a lower number of planned tokens available (smaller supply equals greater scarcity)
  • Have an exchange, not related to the ICO firm, that supports the token (if you can't trade the token, you can't profit from it)
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
June 22, 2018, 06:00:42 PM
I normally participate in ICOs that have hype. For me hype is more important than any other factors because of my personal goal. Since my goal is to only double my investment, hyped ICOs tend to achieve this goal of mine in the shortest possible time. Other factors are the team, project vision/goal, road map. But this is just me. Others might have different strategies for their own goals.
Activity: 24
Merit: 1
June 22, 2018, 11:18:33 AM
A lot of the ICOs are Scam, but there are successful ICOs and people make profit from them.If you already take a part of ICO no matter scam or profitable you can share your experience here, also your thoughts for invesment in ICO, which and why?..
Pages:
Jump to: