Pages:
Author

Topic: ICO legalities in 2020? - page 6. (Read 840 times)

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107
January 25, 2020, 10:09:56 AM
Thank you.

Is the USA the only country like that?

Am I best not to invest in ICO's at all considering I now reside in the USA?
I think other countries has also doing that SEC required regulation presently. their local SEC was also setting the guidelines about those ICO's and its token. If i were you i don't want to complicate anything since you are now presently residing in the united states avoid investing in ICO for a while. im sure that there was also some crypto investment base in the United states that already comply with the U.S SEC guidelines so its better to search it now.
Activity: 1652
Merit: 262
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
January 25, 2020, 10:03:58 AM
maybe it is an American regulation because they oversee every stock exchange, and the crypto market is also considered a stock market and needs to be monitored to help investors avoid fraud and huge losses.
Activity: 966
Merit: 102
January 25, 2020, 10:02:21 AM
ICOs are never less attractive to us.  The SEC itself has created a better investment environment to ensure that scams do not occur as massively as in 2017 and 2018. Crypto needs to be managed if it wants to survive and develop sustainably in the future.  along with economic activities such as securities and real estate.  Crypto is still a new and hot topic in the mainstream and unofficial newspapers of countries around the world.  For large investors, the rules related to cryptocurrencies will affect their investment decisions.
Activity: 184
Merit: 14
January 25, 2020, 09:19:03 AM
Thank you.

Is the USA the only country like that?

Am I best not to invest in ICO's at all considering I now reside in the USA?
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047
January 25, 2020, 09:06:06 AM
Even though ICO's have lost the appeal lately.

I was just wandering about the legalities. The SEC website confuses me. In the eyes of the SEC are true utility tokens still classed as securities in the USA? Is this why many companies avoid the USA when it comes to ICO's?

If a company from outside the USA releases a token, do they have to comply with SEC regulations to enable usa investors?

I am not from the usa but live here now. Is it a resident or a citizen issue?

The US SEC has a long arm to prosecute, expose and jail any violators so the ICO developers did not include US citizens they do not want the SEC to come after them because it's citizens loses money on their project, so it's better that they play it safe by not including US citizens to their potential investors.
Activity: 184
Merit: 14
January 25, 2020, 09:01:23 AM
Even though ICO's have lost the appeal lately.

I was just wandering about the legalities. The SEC website confuses me. In the eyes of the SEC are true utility tokens still classed as securities in the USA? Is this why many companies avoid the USA when it comes to ICO's?

If a company from outside the USA releases a token, do they have to comply with SEC regulations to enable usa investors?

I am not from the usa but live here now. Is it a resident or a citizen issue?

Pages:
Jump to: