Pages:
Author

Topic: ICO or Airdrop? - page 2. (Read 143 times)

Activity: 569
Merit: 250
February 14, 2018, 01:22:02 AM
ico and airdrop from the first is indeed a system of digital currency. to find investors in doing the development of altecoin ....
Activity: 910
Merit: 257
February 14, 2018, 01:09:51 AM
I'm curious and sort of trying to differentiate these two. What are the cons and pros of ICO and Airdrop? why does other cryptocurrencies use airdrop and most of them use ICO?
These are just my personal views.

ICO
Pros:
1. It will help the team to raise enough funds to be used for the project realization
2. Somewhat we can have a little assurance that the token/coin will not be easily dumped since it was bought for some amount.
3. If the ICO is successful, it would somehow mean that you are backed with a supporting community.

Cons:
1. Of course, you invest money on this from your wallet. If it fails, you can lose it.
2. It will take some time before you can have a considerable profit.

Airdrop
Pros:
1. You get it for free.
2. It will only take you few steps to participate.
3. More popularity for the project.

Cons:
1. Most of the time, you only get a small amount. Very little percentage from the total supply.
2. Prone to dump. Since airdroppers get it for free, they can just sell it off whenever they want.
3. There are a lot of people who make several accounts to get more token for the benefit of themselves, which I consider to be a fake community.
4. Don't have good amount of funds reserved for the project development.
Activity: 420
Merit: 103
February 14, 2018, 01:07:20 AM
ICO and Airdrop are two very different things. Airdrop is the giving away of free coins. Most of the times, ICO include airdrops. I don't find Airdrops profitable because most of the time, the amount they give away have low values.
Activity: 700
Merit: 110
Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB
February 14, 2018, 01:00:13 AM
I think the landscape is now changing and although companies are still going through the ICO process many of these are now completing at pre-sale stage ie hitting their Hard Cap and so to keep the followers happy they are carrying on with a limited airdrop to distribute the token to a wider audience. If yu can buy what you wantin an ICO I think it is alwasy going to be better then receiving a small share from an Airdrop, but both have their pluses.
Activity: 136
Merit: 0
February 14, 2018, 12:47:59 AM
I'm curious and sort of trying to differentiate these two. What are the cons and pros of ICO and Airdrop? why does other cryptocurrencies use airdrop and most of them use ICO?
Pages:
Jump to: