Pages:
Author

Topic: ICO or STO, what is the difference? Invest in which? - page 2. (Read 305 times)

copper member
Activity: 154
Merit: 3
Be smart, join: https://t.me/cryptofinance24
Is one better than the other? Is there a difference even?
I mean, should I be looking for one or the other when looking for investment opportunities?
Are you guys looking at them differently?
Activity: 255
Merit: 10
Have seen more and more people talking about STO's, rather than ICO's. What is the difference and is one better than the other?

Would you rather invest in an ICO or a STO?
  STOs are projected to have a market cap of $10 trillion in 2020. Polymath, led by Trevor Koverko, is banking on being the catalyst for STO market growth. The term STO is hard to Google. That’s millennial-speak for research. However, 2018 is poised to be the year of the STO. Shook by SEC regulations, U.S. businesses are looking for a cleaner way to generate capital from crowdfunding. https://blog.icoalert.com/sto-is-the-new-ipo
Activity: 822
Merit: 100
ICO aren't usually regulated they have polluted the space investors are not protected in an ico because it isn't under any regulatory authority for example SEC in other hand STO are regulated and the inventors are protected because those offering the STO must be compliance to the regulatory body terms.
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
Have seen more and more people talking about STO's, rather than ICO's. What is the difference and is one better than the other?

STO's are the regulated version of ICO's i think i did some research about sto's and if you invested sto that means you have some rights on that company etc. I choose icos because i dont like regulation in
decentralised space. I think we should be free in decentralised space. I hate regulations. Yes i know too many people loosing their money with scam icos etc. But i believe even if crypto will regulated these scam icos will continue. So i dont like regulations and i choose icos.
copper member
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
I like crypto podcasts...
Perfect, thank you guys so much for spreading the knowledge. That's why I love bitcointalk  Kiss
Activity: 672
Merit: 35
#BUIDL team to become delegates-validator

The difference between ICO and STO is, STO are token offering which are be regulated while ICO is token offering without a regulated medium, that is to say; ICOs are largely projects which lack the means of been regulated and at time end up be scam token offering. STOs keep investors money safe while ICOs put investors money at high risk.
Will strongly recommend that STO for every investor as this token offering is regulated.
That true, you right man.

* Security Token Offering (STO) :
The STO concept is one of best ideas aimed at making sure that the blockchain community aligns itself with government regulations.

The concept is expected to gain traction quickly because the crowdfunding market has been seeking a better solution, and STOs bypass the problems associated with ICO. It also highlights the ongoing trend where regulators have been working together with companies in the blockchain cryptocurrency market to create solutions that will bring more order.

* Initial Coin Offerings (ICO) :
Become the highlights, the crypto space quickly became filled with scams, putting investors at risk.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 148

The difference between ICO and STO is, STO are token offering which are be regulated while ICO is token offering without a regulated medium, that is to say; ICOs are largely projects which lack the means of been regulated and at time end up be scam token offering. STOs keep investors money safe while ICOs put investors money at high risk.
Will strongly recommend that STO for every investor as this token offering is regulated.
Activity: 244
Official Street Team member
Both are almost the same in the meaning. Fundraising via a token/coin. Anyway, I prefer STO better than ICO because of its shady activities by scammers. Through ICO, people are losing lots of money while STO can prevent this and provide a secured investment opportunity.
Activity: 672
Merit: 12
Security Tokens offerings are made under legally regulated rules and regulations.  Cross borders trading is available in this token. Government can regulate this marked as the transactions are transparent i.e. one can know the transaction's origin and end point.  One major benefit the user gets that in case the user loses keys; these can be regenerated by the block chain app factory and given to the user/holder.  The investor will have to prove his ownership only then keys will be issued.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 504
I understand this: ICO investment is free. There are not many restrictions. STO investment is regulated. Institutional qualification is generally required to invest.
What that free means? about its restrictions? most of them now are requiring KYC so that's not really free.

Right now, investors wants more secured and safer investment and this is why many of them are having talks about STO's.
Activity: 298
I understand this: ICO investment is free. There are not many restrictions. STO investment is regulated. Institutional qualification is generally required to invest.
copper member
Activity: 154
Merit: 3
Be smart, join: https://t.me/cryptofinance24
Good question. This article will help you to understand - https://cryptofinance24.com/what-is-a-security-token-offering-p442-171.htm

copper member
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
I like crypto podcasts...

Pages:
Jump to: