Pages:
Author

Topic: ICO Red Flags - page 2. (Read 749 times)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
February 17, 2018, 09:33:32 AM
Thanks, man. This TokensRecord site is very useful. It cuts down research time when one is searching for investment opportunities. Glad you thought of making it.
Activity: 938
Merit: 256
February 17, 2018, 09:31:37 AM
that is a very nice and helpful website to avoiding joining campaign or investing to the wrong ICO.
I usually rate the ICO from their support, if their support has a very active admin and they can answer all the ICO related question. I'm sure that will be a good ICO
Activity: 136
Merit: 10
February 17, 2018, 09:22:35 AM
I really like the link you share it and so I can see the list of ico that successful or not hopefully with the info I can get deeper knowledge of the problem ico is active!
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1598
Do not die for Putin
February 17, 2018, 09:01:11 AM
Excellent thread. I would say that some of the red flags are more like "yellow" or "orange" flags if you know what I mean. A red flag IMO is something that is a deal breaker. Just to mention some red bright red flags:

- Team´s Linkedin profiles with no contacts or with contacts that once you dig a little bit, don´t look real.
- Lately, as seen on Dencity, some of the advisers deny involvement in the project, yet they are listed.
- There are obvious technical flaws that make the project impossible or very difficult. Not just barriers to overcome, but things that are really impossible. For example, if a network is frequently overloaded, it is unlikely that you will be able to make instant payments with low fees.
- Unrealistic market caps, no soft or hard cap.

I think my point is clear. There are Bright Reds and things that need to be addressed.
Activity: 137
Merit: 13
Blockchain and stuff
February 14, 2018, 03:59:51 PM
New red flag:

Cryptoneum Coin (CRP)  Facebook page is removed

Project facebook page is not there anymore even though the crowdsale is on.

Blockchain and stuff
February 14, 2018, 03:42:21 PM
New red flag:

Cryptoneum Coin (CRP)  No Telegram Group

There is only telegram channel with only one message and 21 subscriber.

Activity: 58
Merit: 0
February 14, 2018, 03:20:53 PM
Really useful post! It's amazing how many scammy ICOs are running at any given time. Hadn't even heard of any of these basically.
Blockchain and stuff
February 14, 2018, 03:03:05 PM
New red flag:

Cryptoneum Coin (CRP)  No Team

There is no team information on token sale website. Never invest into ICO without a team.

Blockchain and stuff
February 13, 2018, 06:08:34 PM
New red flag:

Highreward Coin (HIGHCOIN)  Huge Bonus

118% is too big of a bonus for an ICO. Just imaging how low will be the price on EtherDelta.

Blockchain and stuff
February 13, 2018, 05:27:50 PM
New red flag:

Highreward Coin (HIGHCOIN)  No Public Profiles

No one from the team has public profiles mentioned on the website.

Blockchain and stuff
February 13, 2018, 05:14:45 PM
New red flag:

Highreward Coin (HIGHCOIN)  No Public discussion

Comments are turned off under every video on youtube channel. Very suspecious.

Blockchain and stuff
February 13, 2018, 04:43:58 PM
New red flag:

Highreward Coin (HIGHCOIN)  Youtube Comments Turned Off

Comments are turned off under every video on youtube channel. Very suspecious.

Activity: 532
Merit: 114
February 13, 2018, 04:25:27 PM
Thanks for making life simpler for a lot of people, and i think going by all the valid constraints and reservations, one can only say, someone is doing the hard work for you, but that still does not mean you do not determine your own reasons against a certain consensus.
Blockchain and stuff
February 13, 2018, 04:11:25 PM
New red flag:

Highreward Coin (HIGHCOIN)  No Telegram Group

There is no telegram group with public discussion of the project. Only telegram channel with 11K members that could be easily bought.

Activity: 266
Merit: 11
February 13, 2018, 04:09:44 PM
Good job! Wink
Blockchain and stuff
February 13, 2018, 03:25:57 PM
New red flag:

Highreward Coin (HIGHCOIN)  Smart Contract Address

Smart Contract address on the home page? You gotta be kidding.

Blockchain and stuff
February 13, 2018, 02:42:49 PM
New red flag:

Highreward Coin (HIGHCOIN)  4 level affiliate program

More than 2 level affilliate program should make you very suspicious.

Activity: 247
Merit: 101
OPEN GAMING PLATFORM
February 12, 2018, 12:55:45 PM
Right now there are so many ICO that it is hard to figure out all details about what is happening out there and sometimes we miss important red flags about projects that due to lack of time or experience we are not able to identify on time.
That is why we had created a tool to keep track of all red flags and vote for them so everybody can take part in project research share or vote for pieces of information that others found.

Full list of ICO red flags

There are not many yet. Do not judge too hard because right now there is only a small group working on that. Feel free to join and share your information in Red Flag section.

If you have propositions about Red Flag section right here a comment and we will surely add new stuff to make community research more convinient.

For projects:
What should you do if you got a red flags?

For investors:
ICO Red Flags explained for investors

Excellent work! I commend you and other people that is working alongside you (if there's any) to help people especially investors to spot red flags in an ico. I've known people who are new to crypto who decided to participate in ico and unfortunately some of it turned out to be scams. Thank you for the time and dedication you've put into this project of yours and I think you deserve one of my "not so many" sMerit for such contribution in this forum. Smiley
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
Blockchain and stuff
February 12, 2018, 05:58:43 AM
New red flag:

TilxCoin (TILX)  Only 1 month social activity

Social activity started only on January 12th even thow in linked profile of the CEO company is mentioned to be working for over 3 years.  

Pages:
Jump to: