Pages:
Author

Topic: ICO, The story from beginning to end. - page 2. (Read 305 times)

Activity: 410
Merit: 158
October 20, 2018, 01:12:15 PM
The arrival in Caracas was anything but calm, I do not want to expand at this point, but when a giant poster with the face of Chávez receives you, nothing good is expected. And I was not wrong, the airport seemed like a desert, nothing in stores, people with a suspicious face and at least waiting to see how you got some money, but well, that is for other publications if someday I cheer up.
In short, I came home to rest for a while, because the next day I would see my friend, there was no time for anything else.

The next day, like everything else in Venezuela, not too early or too late, we saw each other for coffee around 10:00 AM, and by 11:00 AM I had told her my plan in broad strokes and what I needed of him, that beyond that only be associated with me, it happened because he gave me a second opinion on the legal aspects, for some reason, although I still need a year to graduate as a second career lawyer, and although I stopped studying law a long time ago , I have spent a lot of time writing and reviewing commercial contracts, but if I have learned something, the second opinion in these aspects can sometimes be very important. Long story short, my friend thought for a while and said: "You know that I'm going to help you in whatever you want, but as you know, I do not understand this much and I really do not know if I can understand it, but if I What you need is a partner in the roles of your trust, in that if I can help you, but do not think I'm going to put a penny, because I'm in other things and I'm still not clear about what you're talking about. " We laughed and enjoyed the coffee, what we agreed was that, he would be my partner in the company, but above all, he would be the guardian and custodian of that portion of the company, where everyone would be involved, because he knew that in the road was going to have to pawn part of the company many times and he had to take care of that part. So we stayed and three days later I would hand over the documentation to send it to Spain and receive back the documents to sign.
Deep down I felt that I had just sold the soul to the devil, I do not know if by the circumstances, but I did not have very good experience with partners, that little wise of what would happen next, in the ICO there is a different moral, a model of business very, very far from reality, this issue of the actions of the company, were just to start.

I already had a partner, what I had not defined was even the name of the coin to create, so I started to investigate the first coins of the story, it was there when the day before sending the documents to the lawyers, I was crossed a coin of the Hellenic Empire, which had inscribed a letter, I called my attention and took the 4 letters as a base and I assumed them as a name. The project already had a name, unpronounceable, but it had already taken a step.

So far all very manageable, expensive, but manageable, nothing that was not different to what years in the commercial part of technology and tourism companies have not left me as an experience. It was time to enter into the development part, while I would continue working on the definition of the commercial part and evaluating relationships that would allow me to advance in the project. I had to choose where and with whom to develop the project technically. Up to this point I did not know yet, that this choice was crucial, since the ICOs are evaluated by the technical people involved in the project, it is understood that those who evaluate it are usually people from the technical area. Without knowing it, I did not have much problem in this, having been project leader and commercial manager of companies allied with Microsoft and Oracle, I had had very well prepared work teams, some instructors of these companies at the moment, so I started by calling a Friend in Bogotá, to guide me about what profile I was looking for, he asked me a few days to understand what this person should do specifically. Five days later I had an abstract profile, without name or face of the person I was looking for as a project leader, I had to roll the ball between the technicians to see who appeared, I wrote to everyone I could about the search I was doing.
Take advantage of my stay in Caracas, to see me with a great friend, with whom we made projects in Asterisk over there in 2005. Coffee and anecdotes again, but this time, when I talked about why I was in Caracas, I realized that I did not have what to look for, I spoke with one of the best systems engineers I knew, graduated summa cumlaude, and with an arsenal of projects I knew I had done and even patents to his name I had, when I realized I was not late in inviting him to the project. But the answer at least was strange.

To be continue…
Activity: 410
Merit: 158
October 18, 2018, 04:06:20 PM
We have been talking a lot in different levels and sections of the forum, about the ICO, from how to evaluate them, to lists of scams, but this time I want to tell you the story of how one is made from the beginning until the 90 days of the ICO. for some it will be interesting, which will allow them to evaluate an ICO from the inside and they will understand why sometimes it is so easy to mount a scam and how difficult it is to try to do it sometimes in good faith.

Like all history, at first it's boring, so patience, that the thing is going to get good ...

It all starts in Tampa, Florida (USA) out there in 2015/2016, after reading a lot, not only here in the forum, but in the Altcointalk, just talking to many knowledgeable friends of the subject in Miami, Canada, Colombia, Venezuela, Spain, Australia, Portugal and Italy (these are the advantages of the migrations). Definitely we had identified an unattended niche market and even more without a specific solution, nothing is to be invented at this point, they are only improvements on the existing and / or integration of parts, except for a few exceptions, but in any case there was a real possibility of business.

At that time the decisions began, where the company would be founded? what would the product be called? we could launch it in how much time, what was the best technological application for it?

All these questions began to fall by their own weight, it happens that the legislation is very abstract to say the least in many countries, so we had to start by evaluating, which would be the most friendly country, not only for business, but for establish the company that would be the owner of the whole. the result was that the United Kingdom fulfilled all the characteristics I was looking for, so without further delay, I rushed to find some lawyers to help me with the issue, it happens that I got them in Spain, obviously it was easier to go to London, but part of the test of fire, was to be able to handle everything without this present directly there, so I had to prove that I could do it remotely and everything turned out very well, really that everything happened in the terms and form that they had stipulated, with one caveat, There can’t be a company without partners, that is, I could not open a company on my own, so I had to find a partner, which I had not planned.

At this point, I had already invested, not only time, but had bought more than a couple of transatlantic tickets, with investment of stay, food and lobby. For those who do not know what the Lobby is in this business, well, imagine the system of merits of the forum, but where to win they had to make appointments with real people in a bar or restaurant and say what they want to hear so they tell you the track for the next stage of the business riddle, that's always paying your bar bill.

At this point, I needed a partner, and as you could imagine, the 2017 boom had not happened, so half of the people did not believe in this and the other half had no idea. After spending a lot of money on the phone, I decided to look for the agenda of my friends from school, where I studied internship, those are lifelong friends, until I found a very good lawyer friend, who shared with me a bit over there in 2003 when we would have commercial channels for SMS marketing in Latin America, I remember that the last time I had seen him in Buenos Aires in a meat restaurant in Puerto Madero, without further ado I called him and told him what he was doing, after a long silence He told me, Bro, Quiet, I help you, now I am in Venezuela, when you come we talk.

I got on a plane to the new continent, I arrived in Florida, I spent a few days with my wife and daughter and I told them, I went to Venezuela to a meeting, I do not know how long it took me, at this point I was already calculating if it was true that I could start all this with my savings, I went by car to Miami and took flight to Caracas, time that was not going there, there were scares of all kinds, what would you find ?, would it be worth this trip? I had already spent thousands of my savings, there was still to invest in the creation of the company and still had no clear perspective on how to start this, there are no books, courses or anything like how to undertake in the world of cryptocurrencies.

The flight was on time, in general, everything was quiet, I say calm for the trip, not with me, that I kept with the mixed feelings. We landed on time, but there, without knowing it yet, would begin the difficult ...

To be continue...
Pages:
Jump to: