Pages:
Author

Topic: ICO vs ICD - page 2. (Read 235 times)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0
June 29, 2018, 08:04:43 AM
honestly I have never heard of ICD before. it's a platform about what and how to implement it I have not understood. but maybe thanks to your post I will find out a lot about ICD. I hope ICD can be a solution for ICO which lately contains a lot of scam. thanks.

In essence they are the same, but there is a huge difference which is in ICO you pay for token, in ICD you dont pay for tokens.

ICD feels safe because you are not actually investing with your money(Fiat or Crypto). Perhaps this will help to reduce scammers.

I only noticed that Fresco is using this approach. anyone know of another coin that's doing ICD?
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
June 29, 2018, 07:58:47 AM
honestly I have never heard of ICD before. it's a platform about what and how to implement it I have not understood. but maybe thanks to your post I will find out a lot about ICD. I hope ICD can be a solution for ICO which lately contains a lot of scam. thanks.
Activity: 350
Merit: 102
June 29, 2018, 07:49:21 AM

What is the difference between ICO and ICD. It seems to me no matter what the process of collecting money for a project is called, all the same, the essence is the same.
June 29, 2018, 07:45:21 AM
We all have heard about ICO's for a time now. This month i have been hearing more about ICD's. I belive Fresco is the first token to implement that.

What else is there?

For people who dont know:
ICO: Initial Coin Offering
ICD: Initial Coin Distribution
This is the first time I'm hearing about Initial Coin Distribution (ICD).

It looks to me like someone is trying to "clear the name" of ICOs just by introducing a synonym for Offering -> Distribution.  

I assume it's the same process as for ICOs or is it something different?

In ICO there is an offering from public to buy it. In ICD tokens are distributed without any charge.

So the main difference is you are not paying for the tokens its free.
Activity: 616
Merit: 279
June 29, 2018, 07:17:19 AM
We all have heard about ICO's for a time now. This month i have been hearing more about ICD's. I belive Fresco is the first token to implement that.

What else is there?

This is the first time I'm hearing about Initial Coin Distribution (ICD).

It looks to me like someone is trying to "clear the name" of ICOs just by introducing a synonym for Offering -> Distribution.  

I assume it's the same process as for ICOs or is it something different?
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy
June 29, 2018, 07:16:15 AM
so an ico i have to pay with Money or other cryptocurrencies to receive the token i want ti invest in. But whats then diference to an icd are Tokens for free ?
I think i did not get it 
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
June 29, 2018, 07:12:48 AM
I wonder what will be the difference in attracting coins and their distribution!

ICO are not free, but in ICD tokens are given away for free. No investment required, it's free an is free beer after all Smiley.

The deal is "is the beer" worth the effort? Well, that will depend on the whitepaper of the ICD i guess.

I will like to know what will be done before you can get the free token because atleast you should be able to put effort in something before you can get reward form it. If you do not do anything, than what does it offer in the crypto industry since there is no work to be done before you get the free coin
June 29, 2018, 07:05:01 AM

What else is there?

At present, many people seem to be involved in ICDs, probably because of the proliferation of ICOs, and some waste projects flooding them, disrupting the market.

Are there any ICDs besides Fresco that is active? I see many ICO posts but not much ICD ones.
Activity: 59
June 29, 2018, 06:04:44 AM

What else is there?

At present, many people seem to be involved in ICDs, probably because of the proliferation of ICOs, and some waste projects flooding them, disrupting the market.
June 29, 2018, 05:34:40 AM

What else is there?

i didn't know that there are still ICD.
the problem is that it seems that develop a new coin/tokens require a lot of money, and it's an easy way find it with an ICO.

So you mean ICD will as attractive as ICO's for users? Also it is kinda scam proof since you are not investing anything, will that make the ICD more attractive then ICO's?
Activity: 1666
Merit: 565
June 29, 2018, 05:21:12 AM

What else is there?

i didn't know that there are still ICD.
the problem is that it seems that develop a new coin/tokens require a lot of money, and it's an easy way find it with an ICO.
Activity: 632
Merit: 250
June 29, 2018, 05:05:20 AM

What else is there?

As far as I understand you ICD is an integral part, and most importantly an dependent part of the ICO. Then what is the point if everyone faces this every day.
June 29, 2018, 05:02:46 AM
I wonder what will be the difference in attracting coins and their distribution!

ICO are not free, but in ICD tokens are given away for free. No investment required, it's free an is free beer after all Smiley.

The deal is "is the beer" worth the effort? Well, that will depend on the whitepaper of the ICD i guess.

Activity: 308
Merit: 1
June 29, 2018, 04:54:58 AM
June 29, 2018, 04:45:39 AM

What else is there?

Bumping this, since i've posted on wrong topic before and that affected the visibility. I hope we can start a constructive thread about this.
June 28, 2018, 05:33:30 PM

What else is there?

Pages:
Jump to: