Pages:
Author

Topic: ICO vs IPO - page 3. (Read 325 times)

Activity: 1377
Merit: 268
August 07, 2018, 10:14:39 AM
In my opinion, it seems that companies are going for ICO'S since they have no obligation to their investors after the tokens/coins have been distributed.

eg. gaming companies used ICO as a cash cow, i did look for updates from those icos back then and it turns out the coins/tokens are already dead, 0 trading volume.
Activity: 99
Merit: 1
August 07, 2018, 08:41:50 AM
As we all heard about IPO (Initial Public Offering) and ICO (Initial Coin Offering).
Let us discuss the difference between them.
Will ICO take place of IPO in near future??? 

IPO is usually done in conduction with stock exchange while ICO is done in the cryptocurrency market. As far as I know, no company can launch an IPO without first proving its worth and without passing all the legal requirements set out in the law so as to protect the investors. While in ICO being under an unregulated and decentralized platform anybody can launch an ICO anytime anywhere....a situation opening floodgates to scammers and frauds. When you buy an IPO you are basically buying a stock of the company and therefore entitled for company dividends now the same thing could not be true with ICO otherwise the project can be flagged as selling security and can be against the law. I am then hoping that soon we can see ICO evolving and advancing so that we can weed out scammers and that investors are not only protected but can be earning something out of the money they invested even if the value of the ICO is going down in crypto-exchanges.

Thanks for sharing your views and knowledge. How about the technology behind ICO, do renowned companies or business houses adopt it???
Do they offer ICO instead of IPO by following rules and regulations???
Yes unregulated form of ICO put investors in danger and also future of this new technology as well.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 507
Catalog Websites
August 07, 2018, 03:16:39 AM
No. IPO's are still one of the trusted way of investing of some usual investors and those that are not into crypto's.
They preferred this way of investing.
In other words IPO = shares while ICO = tokens.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 355
August 07, 2018, 03:05:47 AM
As we all heard about IPO (Initial Public Offering) and ICO (Initial Coin Offering).

IPO is usually done in conjunction with stock exchange while ICO is done in the cryptocurrency market. As far as I know, no company can launch an IPO without first proving its worth and without passing all the legal requirements set out in the law so as to protect the investors. While in ICO being under an unregulated and decentralized platform anybody can launch an ICO anytime anywhere....a situation opening floodgates to scammers and frauds. When you buy an IPO you are basically buying a stock of the company and therefore entitled for company dividends now the same thing could not be true with ICO otherwise the project can be flagged as selling security and can be against the law. I am then hoping that soon we can see ICO evolving and advancing so that we can weed out scammers and that investors are not only protected but can be earning something out of the money they invested even if the value of the ICO is going down in crypto-exchanges.
Activity: 99
Merit: 1
August 07, 2018, 02:40:35 AM
Pages:
Jump to: