Pages:
Author

Topic: ICO was fair, IEO did well, STO flopped, now IDO - Is it going to survive? - page 2. (Read 256 times)

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502
IDO will take place on dex right? There will be more scam projects using this crowdfunding because it's just makes scammer work more easier, tokens can be cloned easier and sell through dex only and now scammers can use IDO to get fund from investors and make the whole process looks more legit
that's what exactly I was thinking too. but ICO was also almost same for investors to stole peoples money. there was open doors for scammers to just run their ICO on their website while also stay anonymous and then runaway with users money.
then IEO changed that as that is controlled by Exchanges. even if people behind them end up scamming at the end. but initially they have to list in exchanges and investors still have a chance to sell their tokens.
but this IDO will open all the doors of scam again for fraudulent people.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 3645
I only invest in POW tokens where there is no pre-mine and the devs don't control the supply (like RVN and 0xMR). This protects me from exit scams, rug pulls and dumps.
When we talk about decentralized currencies that require funding from members, they have transformed from assets to shares based on the strength of projects, which seem to be a 99% scam because there is no strong project that needs funding in order to create the currency.

All cryptos that request clients' money should not be viewed as an investment opportunity because your success rate is 1% against 99% of failure.

Proof of work will have a better chance in the long run.

Generally, investing in IDO is considered a loss of money in the long run and a good investment opportunity with a success rate of 1% in the short term, so calculate your options well.
Activity: 224
Merit: 28
What kind of DEX we are talking about here? DEXes honestly are kinda lacking the volume and liquidity .
With IEO you get a more secured version of ICO (reviewed by the exchange responsible for IEO) as well as being listed by popular exchange that opens up to billions of dollars worth liquidity meanwhile most of the DEX I know allow self-listing by the developers of a project.
I honestly don't think that IDO gonna works out but we don't know for sure until the first one take place.
Volume and liquidity shouldn't affect initial dex offering unless there is no demand for the token at all, using Uniswap for example I've seen liquidity getting born out of no where for tokens that have too less volume, it will still work but what I don't like is the freedom, it will give more bad names to crypto, IEO was able to withstand it's rep because of top exchanges been very picky on projects they allow on their platforms
Activity: 2366
Merit: 504
What kind of DEX we are talking about here? DEXes honestly are kinda lacking the volume and liquidity .
With IEO you get a more secured version of ICO (reviewed by the exchange responsible for IEO) as well as being listed by popular exchange that opens up to billions of dollars worth liquidity meanwhile most of the DEX I know allow self-listing by the developers of a project.
I honestly don't think that IDO gonna works out but we don't know for sure until the first one take place.
Activity: 252
Merit: 11
IDO will take place on dex right? There will be more scam projects using this crowdfunding because it's just makes scammer work more easier, tokens can be cloned easier and sell through dex only and now scammers can use IDO to get fund from investors and make the whole process looks more legit
Activity: 840
Merit: 6
Being in cryptocurrency space for 3 years, I have seen many fund-gathering methods till now. I think it was 2017 where it all started.

Due to prominent smart contracts, the term ICO (Initial Coin Offering) exploded for gathering funds. We actually have a few solid projects because of ICOs where we have even enjoyed some good profits. I myself got 12x profits in an ICO called WABI. (State your highest ROI coin as well) As time passed, it got devastated by scammers and it started losing trust from investors and we witnessed another method known as IEO which is still popular now. It has proved a money making tool for reputed exchanges like Binance but it also provided good returns. I got myself 5x on one Binance IEO which I don't recall now. But this method is I think is great and provides a good investment opportunities.

Now we are witnessing IDO (Initial DEX offering) - It is a kind of fundraising method where there won't be any central custody of your funds with the help of DeFi. One such upcoming good project is MahaDAO. As DEX is not being discussed here, let's make this thread informative. How do you define IDO? Have you participated in any IDO? Do you think that it is better than current fundraising methods? Let's discuss.

ILO, Initial Liquidity Offering or "Liquidity Event" using Uniswap. That's the newest one I've heard of. Frankly, I don't invest in any projects that take funds from the pubic or where the devs control the supply. I only invest in POW tokens where there is no pre-mine and the devs don't control the supply (like RVN and 0xMR). This protects me from exit scams, rugpulls, and dumps.
copper member
Activity: 70
Merit: 5
Being in cryptocurrency space for 3 years, I have seen many fund-gathering methods till now. I think it was 2017 where it all started.

Due to prominent smart contracts, the term ICO (Initial Coin Offering) exploded for gathering funds. We actually have a few solid projects because of ICOs where we have even enjoyed some good profits. I myself got 12x profits in an ICO called WABI. (State your highest ROI coin as well) As time passed, it got devastated by scammers and it started losing trust from investors and we witnessed another method known as IEO which is still popular now. It has proved a money making tool for reputed exchanges like Binance but it also provided good returns. I got myself 5x on one Binance IEO which I don't recall now. But this method is I think is great and provides a good investment opportunities.

Now we are witnessing IDO (Initial DEX offering) - It is a kind of fundraising method where there won't be any central custody of your funds with the help of DeFi. One such upcoming good project is MahaDAO. As DEX is not being discussed here, let's make this thread informative. How do you define IDO? Have you participated in any IDO? Do you think that it is better than current fundraising methods? Let's discuss.
Pages:
Jump to: