Pages:
Author

Topic: ICOs false marketing is destructive. ICOs must provide real & honest values - page 2. (Read 421 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 13
AMEPAY
There are a lot of problems with icos the most strange thing i someyimes notice in new icos is that they are trying to raise much more money than is required for the development of their product/service/software/app or platform for example after reading the project details or whitepaper you think that 1 or 2 million will be enough for development of such a project and app but when you keep reading you come to know that they have a soft cap of 10 million and hard cap of 50 to 100 million which seems rediculous to me, so yes icos need to be realistic.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 507
This is a free market and that is just the major problem of ICOs, they take advantage of it because it isn't regulated by anybody and use it to scam a lot of persons of their hard earned money.

I don't think it can get to a time where everyone carrying out ICOs would be honest, I just employ us to be more careful about ICO this days and try to make research on team behind a project before making any investment, this is to protect your fund.
Activity: 966
Merit: 507
Sometimes ICO companies talk too much and it becomes evident to the community, so it is actually negative for the project raise, not positive.
Activity: 490
Merit: 10
I think that an ICO is worth investing only if they have filled several aspects. A working product is here, the team that stands behind this project is real , the whitepaper is well written and they have a big community.
Activity: 1736
Merit: 121
So many people are aggrieved with ico project because of the scam it ends up with. The worse is tricking bounty hunters and giving them hope to gain something from their labour at the end of the bounty but nothing comes in.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
Yeah sure, they should provide honest information, but as long as ICOs are largely unregulated this isn't going to happen any time soon.
Which is why I just stay away from ICOs in general.

Instead of trying to get money from the public, they should just look for private investors and start their project like any other company would.
Activity: 518
Merit: 102
Unfortunately, many ICOs cannot survive in the real conditions of this market. The lack of experience and professionalism even in a cohesive team will not allow the project to develop. Brilliant ideas alone are not enough, because they require a lot of work and knowledge to implement them.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 524
There are 3 most common types of ICO.
With code copied from another coin and renamed.
Scams that promise stuff they aren't planning to deliver.
Those that start good and devs have great plans but somewhere along the way they fail or get discouraged and abandon the project.

90% of these things exist only because people are greedy.
Activity: 336
Merit: 11
that's the case of mostly ICO and it's gonna be hard to change because if the dev state the truth about the development and it's project real value then it's gonna be hard for them to raise fund.
if all dev ICO out there can be honest about the project then the image about ICO was a scam will dissapear in everyone eyes.
Activity: 574
Merit: 2
Most Project ICO last year (2018) is not really worth to invest or join, they don't even "REALLY" think about the future of project that they create (I guess they don't know what project about they are working on.)

most of the project ecosystem last year is: Gather Some Friends -> Create Project -> Create Team -> Profit -> Leave -> (Create New Project).

hopefully this year will be better and investors will be smarter

this was very evident last year, and it resulted to many projects sharing the same whitepaper claiming to provide better exchanges, but today they are all no where to be found.
ICOS are mostly just a dump and pump scheme, aimed at running away with funds

but how can investors be smarter? scams in 2019 have got a better whitepaper
Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
the people who have created a website related to ICOs and now have nothing else to talk about apart from still trying to convince people that ICOs are a good thing, are damaging the cryptocurrency market more than anybody else.
in my opinion they should start believing that the ICO era is slowly coming to an end and the choices you made and investments you made were in a wrong place. you need to change course of your website before becoming another tombstone in the vast altcoin graveyard.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 503
Starting a coin from the scratch would be the best rather than ico's, because not all of the projects are honest with their product, some of them are just want to raise money and abandon the project or you would call it scam, starting from scratch is better because the devs are active on the development of their product they are foreseeing not just the short term, ico's tend to have a small roadmap.
Activity: 350
Merit: 1
In fact, a large number of ICO are only interested in enriching their own personal, and not creating a real product!
Activity: 541
Merit: 137
Most Project ICO last year (2018) is not really worth to invest or join, they don't even "REALLY" think about the future of project that they create (I guess they don't know what project about they are working on.)

most of the project ecosystem last year is: Gather Some Friends -> Create Project -> Create Team -> Profit -> Leave -> (Create New Project).

hopefully this year will be better and investors will be smarter
Activity: 139
Merit: 20
This false marketing of shady ICOs was one of the reasons, why companies such as Alphabet (owner of google) introduced a ban on cryptocurrencies advertising in general.
Agree, that a shame
Activity: 1458
Merit: 509
ICO guides are not what will save ICO's, But it's a start. the problem with ICO's is that in the first place most of them open with the purpose to be a scam.

Yep, they want to scam and they are greedy. They want to raise millions of dollars just to build a debit card. Before you fix stuff such as marketing and so on, the project itself must be analyzed. I do think ICO is not inherently bad, it's just business, but if these crappy ideas come and go every time, I do think ICO will die sooner or later.

Instead of ICO guide, I think development guide is what those people need.

Yes for the most of icos but not all icos, remember there was a lot of successful ico and that depends on how your perspective about that. In my understand if most of them are only trying to create a platform that plagiarized the existing platform with the new improvements.
Activity: 616
Merit: 11
TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
Sometimes these turned scam ico token projects are not all really scam right from the start of their project. They are just not good enough in maintaining their project’s product that made them discourage to strive and continue till their ICO and launched date at least.
Activity: 476
Merit: 88
Online Cryptocurrency Exchange
This false marketing of shady ICOs was one of the reasons, why companies such as Alphabet (owner of google) introduced a ban on cryptocurrencies advertising in general.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789
ICO guides are not what will save ICO's, But it's a start. the problem with ICO's is that in the first place most of them open with the purpose to be a scam.

Yep, they want to scam and they are greedy. They want to raise millions of dollars just to build a debit card. Before you fix stuff such as marketing and so on, the project itself must be analyzed. I do think ICO is not inherently bad, it's just business, but if these crappy ideas come and go every time, I do think ICO will die sooner or later.

Instead of ICO guide, I think development guide is what those people need.

legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 2145

ICO's/STO's are crucial for the ecosystem be able to grow, that why I mad this guide. I hope that will help to some of you.

No, they aren't, Satoshi didn't need any ICO to create Bitcoin from scratch, alone, free of charge and fully-working on day one. Yes all these shitcoins need tens and hundreds of millions of dollars to launch their crappy networks that are just copying the structure of other similar projects. And there are more examples of decent non-ICO projects, for example Monero and Grin. They are farm more valuable than EOS and other hot ICO coins.

And we don't need to make everything decentralized, in many cases it's impossible or counterproductive, it's totally okay to have centralized services that use Bitcoin and Lightning.
Pages:
Jump to: