Pages:
Author

Topic: ICOs now regulated, expect better ICOs, less Scams - page 2. (Read 539 times)

Activity: 585
Merit: 33
Rasputin Party Mansion
In theory, perhaps. In practice, as we have seen in all fields, regulations only serve to drive honest people crazy and keep them from working, while fraudsters continue to operate industurbati.
A central authority is certainly auspicious, but do not expect too much.
Activity: 518
Merit: 21
Thank goodness, the investors and bounty hunters as well will going to be merry on this news because the ICO projects will surely be legalize and will be registered on a concern agency i.e governments, or even the here in the forum could actually assemble a committee for the registration and validsting the ICO's. This is really a good news, however i doubt if this is really true. Please update this post and provide the article where you found this news.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1054

its a good thing that other countries are also doing what has to be done to protect investors, i think Singapore had done this already.  
but this might just slow the process though, we've seen SelfPay later doing an ICO but i think there were things to fix in their government which again they postponed. same thing could happen to every ICO later on.
Activity: 210
Merit: 0
I see that the ICO still just keep moving. I still frequently find a project that is a scam. before this only had time to get some times project scam. very disappointing and very unfortunate.
Activity: 483
Merit: 10
terra-credit.com
Some countries (primarily the US) did work on this issue. Already a legal regulation and supervision is a must. This is a condition for every deposit. I hope it's helpful.
the rules against an ico project surely will give a nice impact. may indeed be fewer ico that there will be, but existing ico has a good quality. not like now, we can all see, ico appear almost every day, but unfortunately there is always a scam between them. the existence of rules governing project ico, it would be better for the future of the ico and investors were not too scared to return invest ico.
Activity: 714
Merit: 261
That would be limited to France but tell you what one nation cant do much about it if others dont join it. Lets not forget the most basic rule of the crypto space which is truly "Decentralised" and thus it means it cant be regulated the way they want. ICO may be from different country and thus if anytime that goes scam then the France wont be able to do anything at all as it wont be under their jursidiction and secondly being the decentralised one no one would ever no who was truly behind it. It should be the whole world accepting the same terms of regulating the crypto currencies then only we can see some hopes of not getting scammed at all. Even people scam others with the fiat currency and thats no wonder at all.
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
Some countries (primarily the US) did work on this issue. Already a legal regulation and supervision is a must. This is a condition for every deposit. I hope it's helpful.
Activity: 270
When some country make 100% legal ICOs, there will be many companies that change their address there. When they obligate whole team to deliver their personal data and vouch with their own assets on delivering the project, and not with investors money, we will be in much better position! I wonder is it possible to someone create "clean" ICO where would participate China and US citizens without any restrictions?
Merit: 100
Here is an except of an article published on coinness. It narrates the French government approval of draft to regulate ICOs

"France Finalizes New ICO Framework to 'Attract Innovators Globally']France's Minister for the Economy and Finance has announced on Twitter that the government has accepted an article of the Business Growth and Transformation bill (PACTE) dedicated to Initial Coin Offerings (ICO).

Bruno Le Maire stated that the French stock markets regulator Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) is now empowered to give licenses to companies that want to raise funds via an ICO, with the legislation aiming to help protect contributors' interests."

Is this a good bye to scam ICOs from France?

Well this is a good move by the France government to ensure their people that their hard earned money will not be stolen as scam ICOs are now rampant these days.The good thing for France is that they regulate Crypto and ICOs with less Bitcoin tax policies in which for sure many Frenchmen will still join the investments.
Activity: 224
I think this is a good development and we should expect less scam ICO at least from France and Europe.  The bureaucratic process is of concern but the commitment of French Government is a good start!
Activity: 812
Merit: 501
Who will regulate ICOs. SHould be an independence intitution with independence platform. Jury.online is going to make the platform. Jury.online as the escrow service for host ICO , bounty and investors. The platform now is live. I think ICO that list in jury.online is legit ICO. You can also use bankex bounty. It is also legit site and trusted site to participate in ICO and bounty.
Activity: 434
Here is an except of an article published on coinness. It narrates the French government approval of draft to regulate ICOs

"France Finalizes New ICO Framework to 'Attract Innovators Globally']France's Minister for the Economy and Finance has announced on Twitter that the government has accepted an article of the Business Growth and Transformation bill (PACTE) dedicated to Initial Coin Offerings (ICO).

Bruno Le Maire stated that the French stock markets regulator Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) is now empowered to give licenses to companies that want to raise funds via an ICO, with the legislation aiming to help protect contributors' interests."

I think standardizing ICO is a good thing, at least it can help ICO promote and promote it, it can effectively reduce ICO scams. However, government departments need to conduct appropriate supervision to avoid corruption, which requires the formulation of relevant laws and regulations.
Activity: 2436
Merit: 272
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
It is not going to make ay difference in the restricting scam ICOs maybe it will resul that fracne can stop their citizen from participating on ICOs which can save them form being scammed but there is no other way to find the scam and legit ICOs the scammers will come up with new ideas and keep scamming the people.
Activity: 308
I hope other countries will follow France in ICOs regulation field soon. It will be a big step into making the crypto world more safer for everyone and will bring back huge amount of investors trust into crypto.
Merit: 250
When that regulation applied in every country, that will be the end of any scam ICO, it will make anyone who tried to make any scam project will have to think twice.
And it could build the trust from people to new ICO.
Activity: 73
Merit: 0
It is good but partially.
They can control ICOs that are fake but they can't control ICOs that fail.
In other words, investors may get into troubles investing in ICOs that fail after their launch. This would make the entire investment become a disaster again.
Activity: 1778
Merit: 504
WorkAsPro

It is difficult to identify a good ICO project as each ICO project is becoming more professional and can deceive your senses. The best advice is to just invest in ICO projects when the market really enters the uptrend period as this is the time when people make the best profit.

I have always wanted ICO to be regulated legally by the government, finally it will be realized and fake ico will disappear from this world.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001
This is great, it will help the investors to feel ease when they want to invest, by preventing scam ICO we can have a better reputation for ICO, but this need to implemented globally,if only one country that adopt this,then it won't be too effective,but this is a good start for all of us
Activity: 630
Glad to see you
I think that IKO should be regulated, too much scum, too many bad projects, we need some kind of regulators that can screen out at least scammers. It is necessary that people understand that crypto-currencies are safe. Then they will have a desire to interact with it.
Pages:
Jump to: