Pages:
Author

Topic: Idea for a BS&T security - page 2. (Read 4115 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
May 20, 2012, 01:03:45 AM
I'd like to invest with Bitcoin Savings & Trust, but it's apparently pretty difficult to get an account and you can't get the best interest rate without risking tons of BTC. PPT is alright, but, as Meni Rosenfeld pointed out, the "insurance" is mostly meaningless and only makes figuring out the risk/reward more difficult.

I'd like to see a GLBSE asset like this:
- Each share represents 1 BTC invested in BS&T and gets weekly dividend payments equal to whatever BS&T pays minus a small fee for the owner of the asset.
- Every week at some predetermined time, the asset owner creates enough new shares to fill all bids of 1 BTC or more.

Anyone with a BS&T account want to do this?

If you're going to do this, why even put it on GLBSE?  Just make a forum posting offering to deposit in the btcst account.  People send the btc straight to account holder and they forward to pirate.  This avoids the GLBSE fees and reduces the number of steps needed.   In fact, there's already a bunch of these.  If the argument is that there can be bidding, then go ppt.x. Wink

You mean like this?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/savings-account-275-weekly-closed-60405

No.  this is completely uninsured.

I'd do it with 7% uninsured for the first month and 6.5% thereafter if I can get at least 500 BTC that are unavailable for withdrawal for the first month.  Any takers?
vip
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.
May 20, 2012, 12:59:38 AM
I'd like to invest with Bitcoin Savings & Trust, but it's apparently pretty difficult to get an account and you can't get the best interest rate without risking tons of BTC. PPT is alright, but, as Meni Rosenfeld pointed out, the "insurance" is mostly meaningless and only makes figuring out the risk/reward more difficult.

- Each share represents 1 BTC invested in BS&T and gets weekly dividend payments equal to whatever BS&T pays minus a small fee for the owner of the asset.
- Every week at some predetermined time, the asset owner creates enough new shares to fill all bids of 1 BTC or more.

If you're going to do this, why even put it on GLBSE?  Just make a forum posting offering to deposit in the btcst account.  People send the btc straight to account holder and they forward to pirate.  This avoids the GLBSE fees and reduces the number of steps needed.   In fact, there's already a bunch of these.  If the argument is that there can be bidding, then go ppt.x. Wink

You mean like this?

No.  this is completely uninsured.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
What's a GPU?
May 20, 2012, 12:59:29 AM
Idea to plan in 10 minutes, nice Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
May 20, 2012, 12:58:13 AM

You mean like this?
administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13032
May 20, 2012, 12:54:52 AM
Okay, I will adjust TYGRR-P or TYGRR.P to this.

100% uninsured bonds at 6.5% weekly. (as requested by theymos)

Let me change the contracts. IPO will be Tuesday.

Awesome!
administrator
May 20, 2012, 12:54:29 AM

GLBSE makes it much easier to keep track of depositors and make payments.
vip
May 20, 2012, 12:52:48 AM

administrator
May 20, 2012, 12:52:05 AM
I can do it if the fee is reasonable.

What would a reasonable fee be?

Thanks.

I was thinking that it'd be reasonable for someone with a 7% BS&T account to pay 6.5% to the asset and keep the remaining amount. It doesn't cost much to run an asset like this, so even higher payout percentages are possible.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
May 20, 2012, 12:51:27 AM

So then ignore the insurance.  Bid 1.1 and you'll get 1.28 in 28 days.  That's ~18% a month.  Is that not a fair return?

edit:  And the insurance isn't meaningless.  It means you'll get .32 btc back for your 1.1 if pirate defaults.  Using your scheme, you'd get nothing.

If i'm understanding correctly, he is talking about a higher return (similar to a pirate account) that is completely uninsured (more risk). In this way the acount holder transfers more (all) risk to bondholders while taking a smaller fee off the top than PPT does. I think it's a great idea.
vip
May 20, 2012, 12:46:50 AM

So then ignore the insurance.  Bid 1.1 and you'll get 1.28 in 28 days.  That's ~18% a month.  Is that not a fair return?

edit:  And the insurance isn't meaningless.  It means you'll get .32 btc back for your 1.1 if pirate defaults.  Using your scheme, you'd get nothing.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
What's a GPU?
May 20, 2012, 12:44:42 AM
+1
administrator
May 20, 2012, 12:43:40 AM

Pages:
Jump to: