Pages:
Author

Topic: Idea for a physical shop - page 2. (Read 1268 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
May 26, 2014, 05:41:56 AM
I think you can achive that way easier, than with a box for every item. You could Show an example item, and when you pay for it, it could be prepared for you with all the other items at the Exit.
But I don't think, this is really a good use of BTC. Do you really want to pay for every item individually? Sounds like a lot of work even if it just scanning and pressing "send".

When I think, about it, there could be this box at the Exit, which can be unlocked by paying for it.

This wouldn't be a good idea either. If you're just picking up one of those "example items", then at the end someone else has to go around the store or the backroom storage to hunt down all your items. This is a lot of service required. Imagine the cost of hiring an army of employees to run around to gather items for the customer.
I was more thinking about some Kind of full-automatic System, not about People running around in the storeroom collecting your things.
And you are not picking up example items, you just scan them, so they get prepared.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1005
--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77
May 26, 2014, 05:41:28 AM
instead of paying at the end of your shopping everything in bulk, pay individually for each item...
each containing an item to sell (e.g. a harddrive, or an apple)...
Upon payment to the individual box, the lock opens and the customer can remove the item inside.

We have those now, it's called a vending machine Cheesy

What you described could be achieved by having rows and rows of vending machines in a supermarket, and it won't be a supermarket anymore. Besides, I do not want to shop there.
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1002
May 26, 2014, 05:36:56 AM
I think you can achive that way easier, than with a box for every item. You could Show an example item, and when you pay for it, it could be prepared for you with all the other items at the Exit.
But I don't think, this is really a good use of BTC. Do you really want to pay for every item individually? Sounds like a lot of work even if it just scanning and pressing "send".

When I think, about it, there could be this box at the Exit, which can be unlocked by paying for it.

This wouldn't be a good idea either. If you're just picking up one of those "example items", then at the end someone else has to go around the store or the backroom storage to hunt down all your items. This is a lot of service required. Imagine the cost of hiring an army of employees to run around to gather items for the customer.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
May 26, 2014, 05:31:38 AM

legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1002
May 26, 2014, 05:26:07 AM
Sounds like a lot of hassle to have everything locked up individually. It's quicker an more convenient for the shoppers, and the cashiers to scan all items and pay all at once. Also the cost to implement locking up each item individually would be A LOT, and custom containers are not cheap, given how many size and shapes a store would need to have.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
May 26, 2014, 05:11:10 AM
I don't know whether this is realistic but recently while going shopping in a supermarket I had the following idea:
Why instead of paying at the end of your shopping everything in bulk, pay individually for each item. I imagine a store containing racks with small transparent (acrylic) glass cubes (maybe half a food width), each containing an item to sell (e.g. a harddrive, or an apple). The cubes are locked with a lock that has a bitcoin address and shows a QR Code. Upon payment to the individual box, the lock opens and the customer can remove the item inside.

Obviously re-stocking would be a problem, but if the shop is big enough there could be enough boxes with the same item leaving enough time for refilling. Maybe one person responsible for refilling would be enough to run the store as you don't need any cashier at all.

Does this sound realistic ?
Pages:
Jump to: