Pages:
Author

Topic: Ideas for improving local boards? - page 2. (Read 620 times)

legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 10802
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
May 01, 2019, 08:54:27 AM
I figure local boards have different situations and are currently at different levels of maturity judging by the number of posts being created, and the childboards within. As we know, many people that are fluent enough in various languages tend to roam primarily or even exclusively the English boards, finding them more interesting in content and dynamic on the whole.

Nevertheless, multilingual people are possibly one of the greater assets the forum has to potentially boost the local boards, and giving it a go every now and then on the local boards can be a booster if enough multilinguals take a swoop at local boards.

My local board for example is pretty underactive in relation to its potential by language extension. Every now and then some consolidates accounts fly by and post on local board, surprising me that they had any domain of the language, more often than not being actually native to it (I’d seen then around the English sections). That kind of attitude, if recurring and extended, can help bring some interesting content to local boards, making them more attractive.

Obviously, ranks are something that people tend to value, so local boards should have enough inherent options to allow for ranking-up to be achievable, at a good enough pace, for those that post solely or mainly on the local boards.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1166
🤩Finally Married🤩
May 01, 2019, 07:18:36 AM
What if every signature campaign will require the participants to have at least 3 post on their Local Board? I think this is enough now to have some active local board to help every newbies on their local.

And i believe having post on local board can also prevent the sold account to make money on signature campaign. Let’s see what would be the reaction of every campaign manager on this one.

This can't be possible... Just imagine on how will the manager make a quick review on the participant's posts on their boards if it isn't written in English. If there will be a rule that posts on Boards should somewhat have a translation on English then I guess, this might be considered as valid to the CM's eyes. We still have to consider that each and everyone of us here has their own Mother Language if it isn't English.
Activity: 2184
Merit: 585
You own the pen
May 01, 2019, 07:10:53 AM
With more people in our local board that have lots of knowledge about cryptocurrencies, the more we can attract newbies to stay on our local board. almost every day we have some users posting guides, tips and other things related to crypto. in that way, we manage to keep our local board alive and Hey! I forgot one thing our Senior Members sponsored a prediction competition, where you can win some decent amount of ETH without spending anything. maybe this kind of strategy will effectively let the newbie stay and focus on learning.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 4265
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.
May 01, 2019, 06:55:44 AM
Less criticizing or immediate reporting and more correction and encouragement in regards to them improving on their posting skills can go a long way. If truely these newbies are new comers and not alt accounts of already existing members the way you approach them on these local boards determine their engagement on the board. And for a local board to progress they need more active members therefore the hospitality of the local board can also help in regards to newbies developing themselves into quality poster through creating quality contents.
Activity: 742
Merit: 144
May 01, 2019, 06:49:20 AM
What if every signature campaign will require the participants to have at least 3 post on their Local Board? I think this is enough now to have some active local board to help every newbies on their local.

And i believe having post on local board can also prevent the sold account to make money on signature campaign. Let’s see what would be the reaction of every campaign manager on this one.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1775
May 01, 2019, 06:40:15 AM
In this case the most important thing is to develop quality post concepts in your local area, at least there must be a form of developing ideas from the main topic. Most of the beginners, in this case find it difficult to develop ideas from topics made in the local Forum.

I think what you have to do now is develop ideas from you, explore a concept or idea from the topic we will discuss.

For example:
1. Give more understanding and analyze the concepts surrounding the ideas of posts that are interconnected in the forum.

2. Give opportunities to find new ideas so that it can simplify the thought process for beginners when posting.

3. Helps in making it easier to remember the information posted in the concepts compiled.

Maybe that's an idea that I can give.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1166
🤩Finally Married🤩
May 01, 2019, 06:09:16 AM
Giving yourself as an example, might do the trick. Be their inspiration.
Explaining them on what they should do.
Helping them nourish their brains.
Having a serious discussions with them about some issues.
Every faulty activities should be corrected and guide them on how will they correct it.
Letting them see the efforts that you're doing for them, maybe somehow they'll appreciate it. Even if not, never stop from doing so.
Keep them from pushing forward.

And also keep them at bay for they're just like some other kids IRL.

This is currently what we're doing on our board.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 3911
May 01, 2019, 06:00:38 AM
There's a wide disparity between posts in some local boards, some are good and the other frustrating. What are your Ideas to encourage newbies to make a good-quality discussion in local boards "Encourage them to create topics and then improve the quality of those posts"?
Also, how to reach the level of interaction as on some boards?[1]

[1]
Quote from: https://public.tableau.com/profile/ddmrddmr#!/vizhome/BitcointalkMeritDashboard/ReceivedMeritStreaks
Pages:
Jump to: