Pages:
Author

Topic: Ideas for Iota usecases? - page 2. (Read 2045 times)

Activity: 405
Merit: 250
December 01, 2015, 07:54:46 AM

I figured I would make this thread to discuss possible uses for this technology. It is being targeted for release at Christmas, and they seem to be sticking with that deadline.

I have met some IoT entrepreneurs, for example, who have worked on creating wireless IoT toothbrushes. I am thinking that Iota could be perfect for ordering replacements with the simple click of a button. Perhaps the toothbrush could have some charging station, and you can easily order replacement toothpaste, floss, etc. very quickly and efficiently.

I think that there can be some massive profits involved with anyone who sets up a payment gateway to convert Iota on the fly.

Any other ideas?

Inb4 PoB ... Proof-of-Brush

"Wireless IoT toothbrushes"  This is probably the dumbest idea that I've ever heard. 

You obviously have not thought deeply on IoT yet. Any purchased object that is always needed, like a toothbrush, will sense when it is close to needing replacement, then self order. Expect to have IoT capabilities on every can, packet, and bag in every supermarket within 10 years. Who likes grocery shopping?
Activity: 371
December 01, 2015, 07:50:18 AM
Dunno how Iota will work out, but in regards of the internet of things, i'm still waiting for that freezer, that will cool itself through mining and then if i use my last milk in the freezer it will automatically reorder a new one with the mined coins Smiley
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
December 01, 2015, 06:32:38 AM

I figured I would make this thread to discuss possible uses for this technology. It is being targeted for release at Christmas, and they seem to be sticking with that deadline.

I have met some IoT entrepreneurs, for example, who have worked on creating wireless IoT toothbrushes. I am thinking that Iota could be perfect for ordering replacements with the simple click of a button. Perhaps the toothbrush could have some charging station, and you can easily order replacement toothpaste, floss, etc. very quickly and efficiently.

I think that there can be some massive profits involved with anyone who sets up a payment gateway to convert Iota on the fly.

Any other ideas?

"Wireless IoT toothbrushes"  This is probably the dumbest idea that I've ever heard. 

How is it?

IoT toothbrushes will be able to sense gum disease, cavities and so on via sensors, not to mention analyse your saliva for things like cancer, while also tracking your brushing. There are plenty of IoT use-cases for toothbrushes.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042
White Male Libertarian Bro
December 01, 2015, 02:05:03 AM

Any other ideas?

Activity: 255
November 30, 2015, 09:01:26 PM
Hi,

As you may have heard, Iota is being touted as the coin for the Internet-of-Things.

http://www.iotatoken.com/
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/iota-1216479

Since it doesn't use a blockchain data structure, and instead is using a directed acyclic graph where each individual transaction is receiving proof of work instead of in batches, it promises to vastly reduce the hardware necessary for making transactions.

According to Legendary lead developer Come-From-Beyond, once peers are established, a simple node will only need 16 KB to send/receive funds.

Any other ideas?
Pages:
Jump to: