Pages:
Author

Topic: IEO: Risks Come With You Should Know - page 3. (Read 617 times)

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322
March 27, 2019, 08:54:45 AM
Thank you fo pointing those risk out, it's helpful since a lot of people aren't aware of those. But, at the end of the day, I still and will prefer IEO over ICO because IEO is ensuring security of our investment. But ICO is no more secure since scammers are creating thousands of scam ICO everyday.
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
March 27, 2019, 08:24:53 AM
High risks - high rewards. But now it is very difficult to get into ieo. I have already lost money on exchange tokens after failure.
copper member
Activity: 336
Merit: 3
March 27, 2019, 08:15:54 AM
One of the nuggets I've learnt from my experience in the cryptocurrency space is that every innovation is transient. The concept of ICO was greatly celebrated and many people made substantial profits from ICO's. The issue of ICO became unbearable when Scammer flooded the space and scam ICO was prevalent, many people lost trust in the scheme and most ICO's were not meeting their targets. This was what led to the IEO scheme.
copper member
Activity: 224
Merit: 1
March 27, 2019, 08:07:38 AM
actually I don't know well about the IEO (Initial Exchange Offering), therefore with your explanation I can understand more about the IEO. although there is still much I want to know about the IEO

You are not alone. My question is, if IEO projects sell out fast like I do hear people say and guarantees listing on exchange, will that also guarantee the project being stable all the way?
Activity: 266
Merit: 18
March 27, 2019, 07:54:22 AM

Moreover, IEO sounds like centralized way of crowdfunding whereas when ICO was conducted here in this forum, we can be sure that it was done through community contribution hence decentralization was followed. Centralized things will not sustain Cool.

The IEO has lost the decentralized nature of cryptocurrency, as you know, after Binance's IEO succeeded, BNB became exclusive in buying IEO. It causes BNB inflation, IEO is not for everyone, it is only for large investors, so it will also quickly collapse.
Activity: 368
Merit: 2
March 27, 2019, 07:45:10 AM
IEO has become very common in recent times and crypto enthusiasts especially traders/investors are more interested in IEOs than ICOs. The risks involved in participating in IEOs on well known exchanges is less compared to most ICOs. For instance, some ICO projects are even struggling to get their tokens listed on the exchanges so people would easily go for IEOs.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 501
March 26, 2019, 12:58:17 PM
The risk of not getting listed is greatly reduced.

In theory, that risk is nonexistent, if an exchange runs an IEO and they don't list the token of that IEO, it would be hard to understand. In addition, the main reason why people are interested in this model when it comes to big exchanges is that they know the token will be traded in one of these big exchanges.
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
March 26, 2019, 12:40:41 PM
with big risk you will get big profit too
with big name of exchange they wont make the IEO from their exchange fail. It happend on CELR(binance) and TOP (huobi) with 4x up from IEO price
but this FOMO will end up soon . just temporary.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 523
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
March 26, 2019, 12:37:30 PM
Price wise and trust wise it may be feel good for investors, but frankly to say we are get involved in another capitalism on decentralised marketplace. This is what we hate to being anonymous and decentralised.
Now all people should aware of this initially and need to avoid for have right on the tokens. This advice is for all the ICO owners and whale investors. Keep capitalism on everyone's hand for keep momentum for long term.
Activity: 602
Merit: 107
March 26, 2019, 12:29:43 PM
There are always pros and cons. It's better for sure due to the fact that exchanges, especially the ones like Binance, do their due diligence, they don't list just any IEO.

For those of you that don't know plenty of other exchanges started adding IOEs (Binance, Kucoin, Bittrex, Huobi, Bitmax,...), here's a good IEO list:
https://coincodex.com/ieo-list/
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018
March 26, 2019, 12:11:16 PM

Binance launched pad is
The problem IEO that ordinary man can't buy tokens, tokens sell in just a few seconds, i tried in Binace and just now in Huobi.

Binance announced that they will switch to a lottery system for future IEOs.

https://www.binance.com/en/blog/316491046311071744/Update-to-the-Binance-Launchpad-Token-Sale-Format

Binance launched pad is same thing with Kucoin's Spotlight which was also created recently. This is where they would do the IEO for the projects who wants funded through them. One thing that might just be a disadvantage for users here is that, bounty hunters like us might not be needed.

I can see Kucoin or binance would be sending massive emails to those users to inform about new token sale every time.
Activity: 1193
Merit: 251
March 26, 2019, 11:32:41 AM
just like you said, neither ICO or IEO have their own risk, even somehow the both of them is similar, the important thing is, ICO could be the fake project one, besides IEO surely the real one, why i say that, because IEO already partnering with exchanget to guarantee the safe fund for investor.
Yes it is true.Mostly, IEO has more advantages than ICO.The only negative (at least for me) is that I, as a child, should have time to invest.If the exchange conduct ICO and not IEO then I would prefer the second option.I wonder what amount the exchange take for their services?Probably half of the collected funds Grin
Activity: 630
Merit: 13
March 26, 2019, 11:06:02 AM
just like you said, neither ICO or IEO have their own risk, even somehow the both of them is similar, the important thing is, ICO could be the fake project one, besides IEO surely the real one, why i say that, because IEO already partnering with exchanget to guarantee the safe fund for investor.
Activity: 932
Merit: 100
arcs-chain.com
March 26, 2019, 11:01:26 AM
The biggest risk is not the participants of the IEO but the participants of the transaction after that, they are at great risk
Activity: 251
Merit: 100
March 26, 2019, 10:52:53 AM
The problem IEO that ordinary man can't buy tokens, tokens sell in just a few seconds, i tried in Binace and just now in Huobi.

Binance announced that they will switch to a lottery system for future IEOs.

https://www.binance.com/en/blog/316491046311071744/Update-to-the-Binance-Launchpad-Token-Sale-Format
Activity: 574
Merit: 13
March 26, 2019, 10:27:52 AM
The IEO is now being used by many interested parties compared to ICO. Because investors are mostly enthusiastic about this IEO. All investments certainly have the risk of being in the IEO or ICO. But in the IEO not everyone can buy because there is so much competition that makes you have to work hard to be able to invest there.
Activity: 686
Merit: 10
March 26, 2019, 09:19:13 AM
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
CurioInvest [IEO Live]
March 26, 2019, 08:34:08 AM
actually I don't know well about the IEO (Initial Exchange Offering), therefore with your explanation I can understand more about the IEO. although there is still much I want to know about the IEO

It is same utility token but not sold by ico itself, it is selling by an exchange. So basically ico on an exchange. Not that different, just it comes with a guaranteed listing.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025
March 26, 2019, 07:33:04 AM
Crypto adopters are assuming after IEO, that "due diligence" part is no more required and would contribute to initial offering blindly as some "reputed" exchange will take care of those things. But, practically IEO may start looking similar to ICO. I mean we cannot relay exchanges for long duration as already they are known for faking volumes now why not they will hide some information for their IEO clients ?

Moreover, IEO sounds like centralized way of crowdfunding whereas when ICO was conducted here in this forum, we can be sure that it was done through community contribution hence decentralization was followed. Centralized things will not sustain Cool.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 509
March 26, 2019, 07:28:03 AM
IEO is initial exchange offer. The new public sale offer that started recently in Binance. So, public sales are in exchange, and binance's sales left a good effect and then the new trend began.
Pages:
Jump to: