Pages:
Author

Topic: If a cryptocurrency were to replace a fiat national currency... - page 2. (Read 2409 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
AltoCenter.com
It has to be Bitcoin. The world would have been so much better.
Activity: 123
Merit: 100
Cryptocurrencies are terribly unstable and volatile, how would this be addressed?
What other barriers may need addressing?
Cryptocurrencies will not replace fiat until they are no longer unstable. This kind of volatility is not able to be addressed economically
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
...what changes would need to be made?

Cryptocurrencies are terribly unstable and volatile, how would this be addressed?

You would have to issue physical bitcoins backed by a reserve.
This is the only way to have bitcoins used for day to day transactions.

I think only a country with large surplus and substantial assets would be able to do this.
They can protect their citizens from volatility to a certain extent.

I don't think any country would do this by dumping their own fiat currency, which means they lose the authority of issuing cash and a method to adjusting the economy(print as many cash as they like to get rid of debt or enrich themselves). The reason is that the production of bitcoin is scheduled and the issued number of it is fixed, no any third party can control it.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016
When the cryptocurrency system is robust and extensive, ppl recognize the benefits by adopting it and the merchants tend to price their provided goods and service in bitcoin, it is the time the price of bitcoin will stable without consideration the inflation factor of fiat.
Activity: 261
Merit: 250

With respect, I'd have to decree this statement to be nothing other than Hogwash. Jking.. Just wanted to use the word hogwash

Why would they need to use physical coins? And why would the coins need to be backed by a reserve?

wouldn't that turn a decentralized currency into one that is bastardized just like the USD?

digital is the way forward friend. lets not take 10 steps backwards into the darkages here

I think only a country with large surplus and substantial assets would be able to do this.

If an entire nation were to adopt bitcoin, then so much money would flow into bitcoin that you wouldn't know what to do. This alone will stabilize the currency. With respect, the citizens don't need to be "protected" by anyone. That is some defect that has been implanted into your mind by your western government.

We don't need protection sir
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

Pages:
Jump to: