Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin goes past $5000, what will the Chinese government do? - page 4. (Read 1565 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 252
Honestly, they will not be angry on it as we all know chinese government and China is rich when it comes to money and profit, but surely they will check these things and how will they adjust on this kind of technology. In my opinion , they will cpntinue the banning despite the upsurge that bitcoin will get for the following month. Well, we should observe on their next steps and decisions about bitcoin and cryptocurrency.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
I guess China would ban bitcoin again to cause another fall and earn more big bucks and laugh at the noobs that sold at the bottom to give them profit.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
the government doesn't care about price as much as you may think. what they are concerned about is the usage of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies and the new ways these things have created for illegal activities. such as the ICO scamming that has been going on or all the other altcoins that are created and scam people or even the illegal activities that are performed using the anonymous coins. these are the real concerns not the price of bitcoin.
Activity: 952
Merit: 323
1) Double down and ban anybody talking about Bitcoin, Litecoin in public areas. Offer rewards to anybody who reports a person talking about crypto in private discussion.

2) Organize a small collective of dodgy individuals to release a competing Bitcoin clone, and call it something like Bitcoin Credits, and attempt to take control of Bitcoin via the back door...

3) Throw everybody who visits coinmarketcap.com in jail.

5) Meet with world leaders to discuss this new form of financial terrorism and instigate a coordinated and sophisticated global response.

6) Get home at night and login to LocalBitcoins.com to buy Bitcoin...

okay i will coment what's in my opinion about six options above.

start with number one, i think this is so copious dude. that's right it make all people will be afraid and stay away from bitcoin (all about it) but i think there would occur disintegrate between people there.  so china government will not do that.

second,  if china really do that i think they should be shame after banning bitcoin then try to compete bitcoin with bad 'trick'

third,  it is what kids do.. lawyers would get so many job if china really do this.

forth,  you are forget with this number

fifth, in my point of view it is possible because so far china government do everything try to collapse bitcoin. so mark bitcoin as a new form of terrorism to world leaders attract them to against bitcoin together.

six, lol i like this Grin
MiF
Activity: 1386
Merit: 258
1) Double down and ban anybody talking about Bitcoin, Litecoin in public areas. Offer rewards to anybody who reports a person talking about crypto in private discussion.

2) Organize a small collective of dodgy individuals to release a competing Bitcoin clone, and call it something like Bitcoin Credits, and attempt to take control of Bitcoin via the back door...

5) Meet with world leaders to discuss this new form of financial terrorism and instigate a coordinated and sophisticated global response.

China going to accept the truth that they cannot manipulate bitcoin after the series failed attempts that they have done after that, they will buy a huge percentage of bitcoin and start to hoard to recover their lost OR they will just going to declare economic war on all Asian nations that are adopting bitcoin because they are not done yet.
Activity: 812
Merit: 509
$5000 seems just to be an arbitrary number.

Plus bitcoin price isn't the thing that matters here. What matters is that how many people are using bitcoin. If too many people are using bitcoin in China then i really think that there is a possibiltiy that China may try to ban bitcoin outright.

But right now, i think they're going to stay put even if bitcoin price went up significantly. They've already done a lot of damage by banning ICOs and shutting down exchanges.
Activity: 202
Merit: 100

When bitcoin reaches $ 5000 then things will continue to work out normally and there will be some tightening restrictions on BTC in their country.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 275
 Maybe the chineses bought a lot of bitcoins, and they will earn a lot of money when the price goes up again, i remember that i saw a chart last week that it said that the most trading volume in BTC were from China, so i guess that they were buying a lot of it. Anyway, i think that probably we will see $4500 tomorrow (30-09), and if we hear good news from china, then the price might go to $5k again.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1103
chinese goverment will laugh because they bought a lot at the last dip and they get a lot of proft if it coming back to 5000 , guess what , chinese always win
I have a similar view. I always thought Chinese price manipulations are don by some government officials. They are smart. They saw how market reacts to news and they've tested it when they issued their first bans in 2014. When the price has recovered and reached another high they knew it's the right time to hit it again and buy the dip. If I'm right they stacked up at $3000 lows and are slowly selling it now at $4000.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Make A Bet on WORKING SOFTWARE
Chinese government does not care if Bitcoin goes to $5,000 or $500,000.

They just want their people to stop laundering money to buy real estate in the West, which the Western governments are urging the Chinese people to do, by offering residency visas to those who bring (launder) over $X.

legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody
There's only so far you can go with banning. If you ban something you still can't make it go away. They've closed down their exchanges, so there's only one more thing they could do to fight cryptocurrencies and that is making it illegal to own. It would of course make them a laughing stock and people wouldn't just throw away their coins because they suddenly became illegal and they'd have to throw it away since they can't exchange it Cheesy
Activity: 504
Merit: 511
Nothing they didn't so far.

Maybe cash out some of the coins they got by manipulating the market, surely they made big bucks with btc.
If all of sudden the people associated with PBOC and the Chinese government appears with new luxury cars, you might know why
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
i dont think that china goverment would lift up the ban on bitcoin, its a proper announcement that bitcoin will be banned on china.
even price drop or rise into $5000, nothing gonna happen except china ban the bitcoin.

They don't do anything when this happens, because they already made all the decissions and explained this publicly. They don't have power, no more. They're done with bitcoin and they will regret for this.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
chinese goverment will laugh because they bought a lot at the last dip and they get a lot of proft if it coming back to 5000 , guess what , chinese always win
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
i dont think that china goverment would lift up the ban on bitcoin, its a proper announcement that bitcoin will be banned on china.
even price drop or rise into $5000, nothing gonna happen except china ban the bitcoin.
Activity: 994
Merit: 280

I am not totally agree with your points. I don't think china care about crypt currencies like bitcoins. Maybe they don't take any action because its already banned in china. I think china needs to rethink on their decisions and should take steps to rather promote bitcoins in a positive way.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
OP, nothing will change. China's attempts to ban it is to show their people that they are still in control of the financial system. Bitcoin is something more than a cryptocurrency. What it represents is freedom and the people's emancipation from the traditional banking system.

I truly believe that the Chinese government sees Bitcoin as something like a national threat so they cannot allow it to gain traction.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
They still might keep the ban but who knows. China is unpredictable.
Activity: 551
Merit: 500
China will be out of the bitcoin business. The government's short-sighted decision will make them regret big time later.
Activity: 518
Merit: 103
If bitcoin passed the 5000 usd mark, i think china might still continue with their ban, depending in ts upcoming elections, but it they had lift their ban, for sure bitcoin will rise futther in value. I think it will really not bother china at all, if we look back, china did have a lot of miners, i think their government alrrady had enough bitcoin for themselves, and will probably still hodl them if it breaks 5000 usd, still it will be win-win situation for them, since what we arr hearing and reading, is that the chinese only banned and not dumped bitcoins, in turn they mght be the country that hodled a large amount of bitcoin. Let's just hope that the chinese will soon lift their ban, since it will not only benefit the bitcoin community but theur country as well.
Pages:
Jump to: