Author

Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular? - page 134. (Read 171736 times)

Activity: 2926
Merit: 636
Most likely it will not be so popular as it is right now, people made a lot of profit because its not stable at all.
If this was not happened it would not be popular.
you are right, bitcoins wouldnt be that popular in my opinion and it wouldnt because people wouldnt invest
The way I see it, it the price of bitcoin will be popular people will no longer hold bitcoin because they will not make money of the price, but the good news is that big merchants will come it to invest and it could be easy for us to spend our bitcoins.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Most likely it will not be so popular as it is right now, people made a lot of profit because its not stable at all.
you are right, bitcoins wouldnt be that popular in my opinion and it wouldnt because people wouldnt invest
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?

Well the price is a high factor which affects the traders to join the trading world of bitcoins and I believe that the popularity that has bitcoin now would not be without the price change.
We can compare also the altcoins section where the traders join there mostly to gain profit because of the high chances of price change.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
but i think it will be more popular if the price become stable, people will get their confidence to bitcoin, they will start investing their money in bitcoin.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
maybe yes i will use bitcoin if it has 5$ till now because i love its features too and they are what makes me free than my socity money processing methods its better and faster and a lot stronger than banks
Yes, we will be starting using bitcoin instead of saving it, if bitcoin has stable prices. But, to get start with mass adoptions, bitcoin necessarily needs the characteristics of being investment option. Without it, bitcoin would not have achieved this much popularity and adoptions world wide. Because of adoptions, bitcoin will keep on grow toward replacing fiats too.

If bitcoin had less volatility i am positive that we would see more consumers use it. Perhaps the infrastructure would have developed more. Way more webshops would accept bitcoin and so more consumers would be able to bitcoin.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 528
maybe yes i will use bitcoin if it has 5$ till now because i love its features too and they are what makes me free than my socity money processing methods its better and faster and a lot stronger than banks
Yes, we will be starting using bitcoin instead of saving it, if bitcoin has stable prices. But, to get start with mass adoptions, bitcoin necessarily needs the characteristics of being investment option. Without it, bitcoin would not have achieved this much popularity and adoptions world wide. Because of adoptions, bitcoin will keep on grow toward replacing fiats too.
Activity: 322
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

It will become popular since it's unique and different but it will take time. Just because it will now has a stable price, it won't become popular anymore. If in the beginning the bitcoin price is stable, merchants will think of adding this currency in their payment option even the users is not much since no risk of facing the price fluctuations.

And people can still make profit out of bitcoin trades even the price is stable. If it doesn't then why fiat currencies trade are profitalbe even they have a stable price?
Activity: 350
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
I don't think so, because most of us see Bitcoin as being a trading or gambling currency. If it was stable, trading wasn't as profitable so many traders wouldn't have been here. But on the plus side, the price being stable COULD mean Bitcoin being used as a global currency already. I'm curious what Bitcoin will be by the next winter.

you can still trade altcoin more profitable with many choices of coins. on the other hand I am happy thus if price bitcoin is stable and is at high price levels. This will make the bitcoin increasingly popular. because it would be a many big investors who invest in bitcoin. because the previous most of those doubts with the price volatility that has great risk.
even not only big investors, perhaps the Government and the bank will adopt a bitcoin as currency international If it happens.
Activity: 672
I don't think so, because most of us see Bitcoin as being a trading or gambling currency. If it was stable, trading wasn't as profitable so many traders wouldn't have been here. But on the plus side, the price being stable COULD mean Bitcoin being used as a global currency already. I'm curious what Bitcoin will be by the next winter.

Obviously, the thousands of traders are using bitcoin because it fluctuates and if it does not fluctuate they wont be able to earn profits with it, and if the price of bitcoin stays stable then the prices of altcoins would also be stable and that can be a reason of stopping of altcoin trading as well.
Activity: 742
Even if bitcoin had a stable price, it would be still popular because people would use it for money transactions since transaction price is very low. More traders would come to accept bitcoin since risk of loss due to price fluctuations is avoided.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002
Yes as you can see there are more people are sitll using bitcoin even the price are really cheap they are still loyal on bitcoin and still earning bitcoin until the final price will increase for me bitcoin is somuch cool staff that really can help people with their business like us.
Activity: 2394
Merit: 454
Does popularity of it really matters? I don't think so. Because even though bitcoin is popular in this past few years most of the people just ignore it. But why?, it is because they are not interested for it. They are way more focus in the cash that they are making everyday because cash is easier to have than bitcoin, I mean it is easier more to earn in the real world than bitcoin in the internet. But if bitcoin had a stable price I think it would attract more users.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1140
Its a good question, some people joine bitcoin because huge volatility, the big money camed with those interest at the pumps and dumps. But the other side, a stable price would allow all to maybe get a revenue or apply their savings into bitcoin, sure it wouldnt be the cashmachine it turned, but it could be already allowed and regulated as assets, making it legal.

I think many investors would  jump out since most investors  love   more on moving prices  compared to be stable instead but somehow if bitcoin would stabilize its prize maybe  it would be still popular but i guess  it would  took a long time  to happen all of this things because there are lots of things to be processed if its accepted  already legally.
Activity: 938
Its a good question, some people joine bitcoin because huge volatility, the big money camed with those interest at the pumps and dumps. But the other side, a stable price would allow all to maybe get a revenue or apply their savings into bitcoin, sure it wouldnt be the cashmachine it turned, but it could be already allowed and regulated as assets, making it legal.
Activity: 434
In my opinion, bitcoin will be popular if bitcoin had a stable price. Because bitcoin will be the best place to investment same as gold. The price that stable is really good for long term investment.
Activity: 952
We cannot say if it will be still popular than but I think it will be less more popular because the profit will also be less more than.
I think that its also the power of the up and downs that made the bitcoin so popular.

the form of the popularity would have been different but bitcoin would have been still popular.

right now it is mainly popular because of the price and the fact that it is a good investment (on top of all other good things like being a currency) but if the price was stable it could have been used as a real currency and become popular that way.
Maybe, you have a point but I think it will not be use as an independent currency even this time become so popular, the government are very strict with the KYC policy to avoid money laundering while bitcoin is anonymous so government is against it.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 579
HODLing is an art, not just a word...
We cannot say if it will be still popular than but I think it will be less more popular because the profit will also be less more than.
I think that its also the power of the up and downs that made the bitcoin so popular.

the form of the popularity would have been different but bitcoin would have been still popular.

right now it is mainly popular because of the price and the fact that it is a good investment (on top of all other good things like being a currency) but if the price was stable it could have been used as a real currency and become popular that way.
Activity: 266
Jump to: