Pages:
Author

Topic: If bitcoin is going to take off... - page 2. (Read 2221 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
March 06, 2012, 01:31:27 AM
Is there a reason you can't use Dwolla?  With Dwolla you just transfer from your bank to them and after a few days you can transfer to mtgox.

I can't imagine the general public willing to jump through all those hoops.

Getting bitcoins won't be as difficult as they become more popular.  You will be able to just buy them off a friend.  Such as right now anybody that knows me in person has no trouble getting bitcoins.

Stn
Activity: 227
Merit: 100
March 06, 2012, 01:17:14 AM
mtgox exactly not the place where to get your [first] Bitcoins. Do not be confused by the word "exchange". mtgox is the place for trading not exchanging your spare cash. There are many places where you can just buy Bitcoins at fixed price without hassle.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin
March 06, 2012, 12:54:52 AM
I believe http://www.btcinstant.com is working on a way to pay for bitcoins with their own  pre-paid card.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1015
Strength in numbers
March 06, 2012, 12:52:00 AM
Does Dwolla still work with Gox? It's cheap and only one other account to set up.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
March 06, 2012, 12:15:10 AM
I totally agree with you. This is probably the biggest single sticking point (at least for newbies). For what it's worth. I was pretty happy with get-bitcoin.com on the two occasions I used them. (Both times buying BTC, having tried selling any that way yet.) You don't even need to sign up, you just give them a bitcoin address, and send money though one of several methods. On the other hand it doens't have quite the reputation of Mt. Gox, so I supposed I'd be nervous using them for a really big translation.
Activity: 344
Merit: 250
March 06, 2012, 12:04:12 AM
I think there needs to be an easier way to buy bitcoins.

I'm sort of a nerd to start with, and I've spent a few days reading up on bitcoins, and it's still a little intimidating.

I opened an account at mtgox.  But wait, you can't just buy bitcoins directly.  You go through AurumXchange.  Ok, so I also opened an account at AurumXchange.

But wait!  You can't just buy bitcoins with accounts from mtgox and aurumXchange, you also have to link some other service to aurumXchange, like Liberty Reserve.

But wait again!  You can't just buy bitcoins from mtgox + aurumXchange + Liberty Reserve, you've got to use yet another service to fund Liberty Reserve!

So there's at least 4 different services and accounts required to buy a bitcoin!

I can't imagine the general public willing to jump through all those hoops.
Pages:
Jump to: