Pages:
Author

Topic: If bitcoin owner die. It means bitcoin also lost forever? - page 16. (Read 1835 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 1
No. It doesn't mean if the owner of bitcoin die, the bitcoin may lost forever because bitcoin can be pass to the people who are interested in bitcoin.
It wouldn't remove its value. It is like an other asset that can serves as a legacy to your family or to the people who want it.

I agree with your opinion, only the bitcoin owner die but not the bitcoin will lost. It can pass from generation to generation, just leave the password  to whom you trust so that someone can inheret your investment.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
No. It doesn't mean if the owner of bitcoin die, the bitcoin may lost forever because bitcoin can be pass to the people who are interested in bitcoin.
It wouldn't remove its value. It is like an other asset that can serves as a legacy to your family or to the people who want it.
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
io.ezystayz.com
If he store somewhere their private keys, you can get inheritance.

When i realise this scenario i already start whiting my paswords and private keys and hide it in a safe place that no one can see only me and my wife but my wife dont mind what im doing he dont know what is it so she just keep it without asking me.
Activity: 966
Merit: 517
Yes. It is, if the bitcoin owner died the bitcoin will not be moved unless some relatives proves that he or she are qualified to inherit the bitcoin owner's wallet.
The best possible solution to this problem is that investor must share his wallet password with someone he has trust who can deliver that coin after dying to his loved ones and the best person to share private key is your spouse or someone who is more closer to you and I think if investor don’t share their private key with other than their families may suffer after them and by telling someone this will help his family to use hat bitcoin and maybe that bitcoin will bring a lot of happiness and they can manage their expenses.
Activity: 252
Merit: 101
Yes, unless the private key is shared.
You can't move or transfer it without knowing the private key.
So if unfortunately it wasn't shared, the bitcoin and the owner will be in peace forever.
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!
It will be useful if somebody invent the testament function in these cases. Or self destruction after concrete quantity of days/ course or smth like that.
Activity: 378
No, actually the government has a law from this incase this scenario happen to every people.
The value of bitcoin who have will remain to your possession. Once you die your heirs can owned it by filing a petition in a court to get the things that they will inherit and make this things in their possession.
Activity: 60
Merit: 0
It's really if he/she wouldn't leave private key to anyone to access the wallet and there is no way to break the wallet so far. It means that there is only the remain of circulating supply to be existing in the network afterwards.
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
If no one is in possession of this private key, it does not mean that the bitcoins will be lost.
but they will never be moved to other account,just in this account.

It is not lost but it is like that also.  Because if no one knows his private keys, passwrlord or email.  It is lost because no one can get it and there is no way to get it.  No one will benefit that bitcoin since no one knew about the private key.  It is always better to write it in a notebook or have someone knew about it.
Activity: 378
Merit: 11
Decentralized Digital Billboards
If he store somewhere their private keys, you can get inheritance.
Activity: 448
Merit: 59
imagine me
If it's in a paper wallet, it has a slight chance to be recovered by a random dude, if and only if the holder of that paper wallet used his private key once and some bitcoins are still left in it.

All lost bitcoins may not contribute to the circulating supply, but it's still part of the maximum supply.

On my first statement; this is how I see paper wallets work, that's why many people tells us not to use it more than once when sending it to a receiver.

Activity: 238
If no one is in possession of this private key, it does not mean that the bitcoins will be lost.
but they will never be moved to other account,just in this account.
Activity: 585
Merit: 251
It is for this reason that I try to keep passwords and logins from all my accounts and purses in a separate folder of the computer, which can only be accessed in an emergency situation. Of course, we all are going to live long, but we need to be ready for anything.

I was also keeping my paswords and private keys in some safe place that no one can see this but i already told this to some one i love. But i did not told them that this is about money i just simply told them that this is something very very important to me and someday it can help us all with this.

Exactly. It is good to tell someone who is trusted about the existence of such a folder in a safe place. As a result, someone will be able to use them in an emergency.
Activity: 994
Merit: 101
If she/he does not give a message to others then the bitcoin he has will disappear, it is important that we must provide important information to the family so that if we die it can be useful.
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
io.ezystayz.com
It is for this reason that I try to keep passwords and logins from all my accounts and purses in a separate folder of the computer, which can only be accessed in an emergency situation. Of course, we all are going to live long, but we need to be ready for anything.

I was also keeping my paswords and private keys in some safe place that no one can see this but i already told this to some one i love. But i did not told them that this is about money i just simply told them that this is something very very important to me and someday it can help us all with this.
Activity: 68
Activity: 279
Merit: 105
If no one has access to this wallet and does not know how to enter it - yes, these bitcoins will never enter the market again. Unfortunately.
Activity: 111
“Everyone Is A Bank”
Yes, if a person dies and does not leave any access to his purses, these bitcoins will be permanently blocked for general access. Therefore, each of us must take this moment into account, because life is unpredictable. It is necessary to teach at least one of your family members to handle bitcoin, explain the mechanisms of its action and tell you where to get access to wallets in case of trouble.
Activity: 602
Most likely, these bitcoins will be lost to the market. But many people do not care where they store information about passwords - on their personal computer or in a paper notebook, and heirs of property can fully master this information and gain access to bitcoins.
Activity: 294
Merit: 0
Yes, the total supply will be reduced. If that really happens, you just can only hope that someone or maybe you can find the lost priv key wallet XD
Pages:
Jump to: